Old Mill Lodge & Restaurant - Luxury Riverfront Tents, & luxury waterfront Cabins with mountain view, are situated at the foothills of the Swartberg Mountains just 14 km on your way from Oudtshoorn to the World Famous Cango Caves.
We are a working ostrich farm in season. Watch as we farm with ostrich chicks and fully grown ostriches.
The farm obtained its name from the old mill. All the wheat from the valley was milled on the farm. At that stage there were hundreds of mills all over the country. In October 2003 we changed the old building into an A La Carte Restaurant. The Restaurant is open daily. We specialize in venison and ostrich dishes. For those who don`t like to go to the extreme, enjoy lamb, pasta and many more dishes to choose from.
It is a peaceful farm atmosphere and you will experience an unforgettable stay. We have 4 star luxury accommodation, an a la carte Restaurant and conference & wedding facilities of the highest standard.
Accommodation at the Old Mill Lodge & Restaurant:
The normal 4-star rooms for two has a veranda with a view of our spectacular farm. Room includes bathroom with shower, air conditioner, coffee & tea facilities and fridge. Large Double Room for two with full bathroom and balcony.
Our family 4-star unit has two separate rooms, each with their own en-suite bathroom with shower. Unit includes television, fan, air conditioner, coffee and tea facilities and fridge. Portable braai also available.
4 Star Self Catering Units:
- Self Catering Units for family with 2 separate inter leading bedrooms each with it`s own en-suite bathroom. A lounge area with sleeper coach, television as well as a kitchenette with all necessary self catering equipment.
- Self Catering Units for Two with 1 room and 1 bathroom. A lounge area with sleeper coach.
We are a working ostrich farm in season, we have a 4x4 route, hiking , fishing, bird watching, two swimming pools, horse riding nearby and the Cango Ostrich Farm and plenty more.
We are only 3 km from Cango Ostrich Farm, 8km from the World Famous Cango Caves, 9 km from the Rust and Vrede Waterfall, 18 km from the Swartberg Mountains, 100 km from Prince Albert , 90 km from The Hell, 15 km from Oudtshoorn Museum, 10 km from Cango Wildlife Ranch, Horse riding 3 km.
- In the event of premature departure we may charge for the full original booking.
- Cancellation 0 to 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation 15 to 28 days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
- Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Pets only by Arrangement
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Tourism Information Desk
Hiking / Walking Trails
Old Mill Lodge & Restaurant is a Guesthouse, Self-Catering, Bed and Breakfast, Caravan park, Holiday Resort, Guest Farm, Game Lodge, Hotel and Essential Service in Oudtshoorn Western Cape South Africa