Oaklands Lodge affords secluded, safe accommodation in a quiet cul-de-sac, adjacent to the Treasure Beach Nature Reserve on the Bluff, a suburb, approximately 15 kilometres south of Durban. We are situated approximately two kilometres away from the maddening crowds who frequent the Bluffs local beaches, Ansteys and Brighton. A rugged, meandering pathway leads onto the unspoilt Treasure Beach below the property. This lovely beach, which has delightful rock pools at low tide, is known locally for its good fishing, diving and surfing.
If the beach is not your scene, you can relax next to the large swimming pool on the property or watch the monkeys play in the recreation area near your suite.
Four, neat, clean, well-equipped suites cater very adequately for couples, families and groups of up to 20 either on a self-catering or bed and breakfast basis.
Holidaymakers can be assured of a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. There is plenty to do as we are fairly close to the golf course, a gym and a nature reserve. The Bluff has its own many, varied shopping centres and the Pavilion and Musgrave shopping centres are within a 20km radius. For a day outing, a visit to the uShaka Marine World, the Japanese Gardens, the Umgeni Bird Park or the Crocodile Farm (South Coast) is a must. The popular Suncoast Casino is relatively close (15 minutes by road) and the Sibaya Casino is about 30 minutes away.
Businessmen will find us very conveniently situated as we are close to the Mobeni and Jacobs Industrial areas, as well as the International Airport. The City Centre, Kings Park Sport Stadium and the International Convention Centre (ICC) are approximately 17 kilometres away. Email, fax and copy facilities are available on request.
Accommodation at Oaklands Lodge:
The Acorn Suite:
This spacious first floor unit can accommodate 6. A maximum of 4 adults or two adults and 4 children or four adults and two children. It has a full bathroom, big fully equipped kitchen, lounge with double sleeper couch, television and DStv bouquet, double bedroom with king size bed and second bedroom with two single beds and large sundeck with lovely sea views and a brick barbecue. Suitable for 4 adults and two children/4 adults/2adults & 4 children
The Squirrel`s Nest and Oak Leaf Suites:
Two smaller one bedroom units on ground level each with a shower, toilet and hand-basin, kitchenette, double bedroom and lounge with a television and DStv bouquet. The Squirrel`s Nest has a single bed and daybed. it is suitable for two adults and two children under ten or 3 adults Suitable for two adults and two children under 10. The Oak leaf accommodates only 2. The Squirrel`s Nest and Oak Leaf do not have sea views. Outside each is a small courtyard with a table and benches near a brick barbecue.
The Sea Breeze Suite:
This lovely, airy first floor suite has gorgeous sea views and accommodates a maximum of 4. It has two bedrooms each with either a king size bed or two single beds. Ablution facilities consist of a shower, toilet and hand-basin. There is a well-appointed kitchen, lounge with television and DStv bouquet and a large L-shaped patio with a brick barbecue.
Breakfasts are all freshly prepared and the choice is yours - either Continental or full English. We have approximately ten menus providing a wide choice.
Breakfast includes, among other things, juice or fruit in season, cereals or porridge, yoghurt, sausages, bacon, or kippers, eggs, freshly baked muffins, delicious home-made bread, pancakes, croissants, rusks and scones. You should also try our delicious homemade breakfast pizza.
We attempt to cater for all special dietary needs.
Tea and filter coffee are served.
You have the choice of eating in your suite, or in the dining room in the main house or, weather permitting, on the patio adjoining the pool or your suite.
- Each kitchen has cutlery, crockery, pots, pans and cooking utensils to enable you to prepare delicious meals for the family or a romantic candlelit dinner for two.
- Appliances consist of a television, fridge, microwave, stove, kettle, iron, toaster and electric frying pan.
- Bedroom, bathroom and kitchen linen is provided. We request however, that you bring your own swimming towels.
- Each suite has private access and its own parking bay.
- Each is comfortably furnished and has a hand basin, toilet, shower and/or bath, in some cases, en suite.
- A laundry is also available.
- Suites are serviced daily except on Sundays and Public holidays
- To welcome you, each suite has a Hospitality Tray.
- If cooking is not your forte, you can either order from the various take-aways in the area or you can use the communal barbecue facilities on the premises.
- A hairdryer, cot or camp cot and baby bath are available on request.
- Valuables, firearms etc may be stored in the safe.
- Airport pick-ups and taxis can be arranged, if required.
- Close to Beaches
- Adjacent to the Treasure Beach Nature Reserve
- In a quiet cul-de-sac
- Friendly, efficient service
- All suites have their own entrances
- Each suite is a self contained, comfortable flat
- 17 kilometres from the City Centre
- 5 Minutes away from Jacobs and Mobeni
- Close to the Airport
- Tranquil surroundings
- Freshly prepared, wholesome food
In event of cancellation or non arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. We will seek compensation for any cancelled accommodation that cannot be re-let, including premature curtailment.
• Cancellation of a reservation up to 32 days or more prior to arrival incurs a cancellation fee of 35% of the deposit
• Cancellation of a reservation 31 days prior to arrival incurs a cancellation fee of 40% of the deposit
• Cancellation of a reservation 15 to 30 days prior to arrival results in forfeiture of 50% of the deposit.
• Cancellations of a reservation 7 to 14 days prior to arrival results in forfeiture of 75% of the deposit
• Cancellations after this, including early curtailment, result in forfeiture of the full deposit.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Parking (off-street - covered)
Oaklands Lodge is a Self-Catering and Bed and Breakfast in Bluff Durban KwaZulu-Natal South Africa