Pay 2 nights get the 3rd night free, inclusive of accommodation, 3 course dinner, buffet style, full breakfast, bush walk and game drive on our reserve, kids under 6 years stay free, under 12 pay less 50%
Nsele Safari Lodge, situated in pristine Bushveld surroundings of the Lowveld of Southern Africa, is proudly managed and run by the owners, Olaf and Stephanie.
We form part of the Extended Greater Kruger National Park Biosphere in Limpopo Province, bordering the famous Thornybush Game Reserve on our Southern fence.
We provide self catering accommodation for groups up to 14 persons, or fully inclusive accommodation for individuals travelling in our area.
We offer a variety of day tours & excursions into the surroundings ranging from a elephant back safari, hot-air balloon ride as well as the famous big 5 game drive on open vehicles.
Accommodation at Nsele Safari Lodge:
Nsele Lodge comprises of four tastefully decorated chalets, sleeps eight persons in total, and overlooks our splash pool, where you can cool off in the summer heat with a cocktail or drink of your choice.
Our lounge area has a small library of books for those lazy relaxing days, with a coffee/tea station setup for you.
Three of our units have a loft which is made-up in a camp-like setting for children, which comfortably sleeps two children in each unit. This setup has proven to be a great hit amongst the children.
Chalet facilities include:
- Overhead fans to keep you cool
- Thatch roof (grass) which is a natural insulator and keeps you cool during the summer and warm in winter
- High quality Restosonic mattresses on wooden beds
- 100% cotton linen for the superior feel, with our trademark paw print of the honey badger
- The classic romantic feel of the mosquito-net adds to the bush ambiance
- Bathrooms in each unit have a shower with hot and cold running water, basin, and flushing toilet facility
- 100% Glodina cotton towels are supplied
- We also provide a high quality shower gel from the Radox brand in the shower for your convenience
- All chalets face the swimming pool
The main entertainment area comprises of an open-air dining room area where you can dine under the African stars, and a boma where the day`s stories are told around an open log fire or where you can stargaze.
Our licensed bar area for our clients only has a variety of drinks available. Stephanies entertainment area is the cosy kitchen, where ideas are exchanged and big cooking storms take place.
Olafs entertainment area consists of the 100% lowveld bush surroundings!
Our Nsele Safari terms & conditions is standard:
Full payment before arrival for reservation confirmation
Refund policy on paid amounts
((please note some activities is outsourced and therefor non refundable))
91+ days full refund
60-90 days 25% of the deposit paid
30 - 59 days 15% of he deposit paid
0- 29 days 0% refund
((Covid related cancellations due to pandemic - will be individually monitored))
Close-by places with a short 1- 2 hours drive:
Animal game drive or bush walk 1.5 to 2 hours duration on GPNR on about 380ha 0km
Blyde River Dam & Boat trip 55km
Blyde River Canyon & three rondavels 121km
Eastgate Airport 35km
Hoedspruit Endangered Specie Center 22km
Hoedspruit (Marulent town) 43km
Hoedspruit Reptile Center 56km
Kruger National Park – Orpen Gate entrance 51km
Jessica the Hippo 58km
Big 5 game drive on a open state of the art vehicle on these open vehicle drives we see an average of four of the big 5 animals (Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Rhino) per trip, with many sightings of Hippo, as well as Cheetahs, Hyenas and many of the plains game and various bird species.
Panorama Tours - view the famous three rondavels mountains, see the potholes of Bourkes Luck; climb the steps to the top of gods window, look at the Berlin water fall or stand in wonder of the Lisbon water fall. Drive through the only green canyon.
Visit some old towns like Graskop and Pilgrims Rest, go further to the Long Tom pass and see the canyon more waterfalls at Sabie, underground wonderland at the Sudwala caves and the Zazm tunnel at Waterfal Boven.
Dinner and dance with a local Tribal Village - This can be wild At Mafunyani Cultural Village they take you back in time with traditional food and dancing around the fire. Be authentic and eat with your hands! Strictly no utensils, but there is beer.
- From Pretoria (Tswane) or Johannesburg take the N4 towards Witbank/Middelburg/Belfast
- You will encounter a few toll roads where you have to pay a specified amount.
- Leave the N4 at Belfast and take the R540 to Dullstroom then Lydenburg;
- Take the R36 to Origstad through the mountain pass and the tunnel (J.G. Strijdom tunnel) and carry on the road that has become the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Maruleng)
- At the Kamai Reptile Park turn Right onto the R531 towards Kampersrus/Aventura Swadini/Klaserie/Orpen
- Should you need to fill up with fuel this is a good place to do so at the Klaserie 1 Stop, and to refresh a bit from here the trip will take you about 45minutes to Nsele.
- Turn Left on the R40 to Hoedspruit and drive approx. 800m and turn Right onto the Guernsey Road; pass the first control gate no money to be paid, but you have to fill in your details in a book.
- Follow the road, the road becomes a gravel (sand) road; a safe speed on dirt road is about 60km/h depends on our level of driving skills where you feel comfortable on foreign roads
- At the T-junction turn Right and follow the road, approx. 4km you will find the signs into the Guernsey Private Nature Reserve and turn Left. Once at the Control gate pay the entrance levy obtain a receipt and fill in the book; follow the signs to Nsele.
At Nsele Safari’s & Lodge we offer family rates and offer special discounts for kids, sharing with the parents in a unit
0-5 years stay free6-12 years pay 50% of the adult rate
13-17 years pay less 25% of the adult rate
We offer 3 family units sleeps ideally 2 Adults and 2 children ( each unit consist out of 2 single beds next to each other and a loft with a stepladder set-up in a tent-like setting sleeps 2 kids)
the 2 twin sharing units sleeps 2 persons in separate single beds, (we can add a extra bed to the one unit sleeping then 3 persons)
- ideal for families with bigger children, leaving the adults in a next door unit
All our units overlook our splash pool, here we offer pool loungers and towels to relax, - the rich birdlife in our garden will surely keep one entertained.
The Giraffe Cabin overlooking the watering hole for the animals offer a semi self catering unit sleeps 2 adults in a king-size bed and open plan sleep/kitchenette and lounge area. this unit offer overhead fans as well as a air conditioner.
let us know if we can add a camper cot for a small kid or extra matrasses in our units to suit families.
The utmost adrenaline rush option is the camping night in the bush and here we offer no electricity or luxuries, a camp fire dinner and rustic tents…