Mukwa Farm Lodge is situated in the heart of the "Jock of the Bushveld" nature conservancy, within 20 minutes from the famous Kruger National Park, Numbi Gate, in Mpumalanga. Only 23 km from the new Kruger Park International Airport and 18km from the town of White River.
Mukwa Farm Lodge offers the ideal location to experience the beautiful and exciting Lowveld of South Africa.
The lodge offers a variety of breath-taking scenery and views, perfect for those early morning risers when the sun lights up the horizon to mark the start of a new day and all comes to life. But don`t miss out on the perfect sun downers this vast landscape has to offer at the end of the day.
Situated in Mpumalanga "the place where the sun rises" Mukwa Farm Lodge is a lush, land-locked province, filled with deep ravines, verdant valleys, crystal-clear streams, magnificent waterfalls and plenty of wildlife. So come relax and experience only what your eyes can see.
There are a wide variety of rooms to choose from. All rooms are en-suite, leading on to fully equipped kitchens and have their own private braai area with dining area. We also cater for groups and families. Our rates includes complimentary tea and coffee tray, ice and firewood.
Optional; full English breakfast R100.00 per person, Continental breakfast R75.00 per person.
A minimum of two (2) nights stay is required in peak seasons/long weekends. Cancellation period must be made 14 days prior to arrival date.
Celebrate that Special Day or organising a conference? Contact us today and we will organise the perfect venue. The lodge is a paradise, and home to the majestic Baobab tree, where myth and legend weave their way through landscapes of incredible beauty, this is possibly one of the best location options for your wedding day.
Mukwa Farm Lodge offers you:
- The venue can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Tailored menus to suite your every need.
- There is a cash bar facility available at the venue.
- A garden chapel amongst the beautiful bougainvillea`s and fern garden for those memorable photo moments.
The Lodge can sleep 30/35 guests, but alternative accommodation can be arranged in surrounding area.
The Lodge and its surroundings are draped in ancient and colonial history, boasting several, one hundred year-old, tribal burial sites, 1500 year-old Bushmen painting sites, and has Verdite "Green Gold" running through its veins. One of the only remaining sites on Earth, this Verdite, revered by the ancients, formed some 3500 billion years ago, is the oldest mystical rock on the planet.
Wildlife includes; Spotted Genets, Serval, Civet, African Wildcat, Caracal, Leopard, Honey badger, Jackal, Vervet monkey, Thick-tailed bush baby, most species of Mongoose, Pangolin, Squirrel, Porcupine, Bush pig, Red and Grey duiker, Reebok and Hippo.
Bird life; Mukwa Farm boasts a wide variety of bird life from the Narina Trogon to the African Hawk Eagle. A bird lovers haven the Farm greatly encourages bird watching as an activity. Bird lovers are welcome to take part in the abundant bird life.
Accommodation at Mukwa Farm Lodge:
We have 9 en suite rooms of which:
- 4 rooms are doubles with 3/4 beds or double beds and equipped with showers. One room has an extra bathroom with a bath.
- 1 rooms that sleeps 3 which has 3 x 3/4 beds and very large bathroom
- 1 room which has a double bed as well as a sofa bed for a young child.
- 1 room that is very large and has a double bedroom with a double bed and bathroom as well as a lounge area which sleeps 4, dining room, kitchen area, outside private braai area as well as an outside shower and toilet.
- 1 cottage that that consists of 2 bedrooms with 2 3/4 beds in each and a single bed in the lounge area. It has its own kitchen, outside bar area and braai area and one bathroom with a bath/toilet and an outside shower.
All rooms have access to DSTV.
What to look forward to:
- Self catering lodge
- Beautiful surroundings
- Come see the BIG FIVE
- Plenty bird life for the enthusiasts
- Walking trials through the forests
- Visit the famous Kruger National Park.
- Tribal dancing (Venue bookings only!)
- Game drives in the Kruger National Park
- Wellness treatments available in the privacy of your own room
- Bushmen painting and grave site walks.
- Swimming pool or swim/boat in our dam.
- Games room - pool table, table tennis, soccer table, dart board
- Universal gym for the fit
- Romantic picnics arranged around the dam or in the forests.
- Fishing for Black Bass or Tilapia in our private dam.
Clothing and Accessories:
In the summer, a hat and sunblock is definitely a necessity along with the swimming costume.
Health and Climate:
White River area, is renowned for its magnificent weather throughout the year. Winters may require a jacket for the cool evenings around the fire but during the days, it is warm and mostly sunny.
Games room, swimming pool, gymnasium, fishing, hiking, bird watching, tours can be organised.
100 % deposit will be forfeited if cancelled outside this period. Full payment must be made 14 days prior to arrival. We cannot hold bookings that are not fully paid after this period. Rates are quoted in South African Rands and are subject to availability at time of booking.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Hiking / Walking Trails
Mukwa Farm Lodge is a Self-Catering and Guest Farm in Kruger Park Mpumalanga South Africa