Montpellier Wine Estate
- Established in 1714 by two Frenchmen from the city Montpellier (“Spyseniersberg” or “Chef’s Mountain”) in France, this historic Cape Dutch Wine Estate recently celebrated its 300th anniversary. Steeped in a rich history of wine making, Montpellier is renowned for producing wines with integrity and character representative of the Tulbagh Valley terroir.
In addition to producing award-winning wine, Montpellier serves as a tranquil getaway and stunning event venue. Its charming hillside chapel, Cape Dutch homestead, reception facilities and expansive grounds offer breath-taking views of the magnificent surrounding mountains and provide the perfect setting for any memorable occasion.
Montpellier offers a world of historical and natural beauty all in one place for a relaxing food and wine day trip, a weekend getaway with family and friends, or the wedding of your dreams.
Accommodation at Montpellier Wine Estate
The Manor House has 4 double rooms and sleeps eight people in total. It is the original restored Cape Dutch farm house and features wooden floors, thick walls, a thatched roof and picturesque white gables.
This includes the following room setup:
- 1 x Manor House Room can be setup as a double bed or twin bed with en-suite bathroom
- 2 x Manor House Rooms can be setup as a double bed or twin bed with separate bathroom
- 1 x Manor House Loft Room can be setup at double bed or twin bed with en-suite bathroom
The Annex House is a 4 bedroom house which sleeps 8 people in total. This is he perfect accommodation for families.
- 2 x Bedrooms with Double Beds with en-suite bathrooms
- 2 x Bedrooms with Double Bed/ Twin Beds with a shared toilet
Rietdakkies has 3 self catering units available.
- 2 x Rietdakkies Rooms with double bed/ twin bed with en-suite bathroom
- 1 x Rietdakkies Family Room, including 1 bedroom and 2 open plan beds and 1 shared bathroom
Constantia House is a 3 bedroom house including 1 x bedroom with double beds and en-suite bathroom and 2 x bedrooms with double beds with shared bathroom.
The Constantia Cottages consist of a 2 bedroom cottage with shared bathroom or a 1 bedroom cottage with bathroom.
The Stables is a 19th century thatched outbuilding, that served as coach house and stable to Church Street, which according to townsfolk was once the finest house in Tulbagh. When the house was demolished in the sixties, the stable remained.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, for horses to ride on through vineyards, for time to spend lying on green lawns, soaking in the sun or sitting under old trees, for long walks surrounded by arum lilies and trees, for enjoying making your own pizza.
per person sharing
Villa Tarentaal offers spacious, secluded cottages with fireplaces, amazing views. Modern bathrooms, flat screen TV provided BUT you must bring your own decoder. kitchenettes, braai's and inviting bedrooms. Stay with us for a memorable experience.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
The Witzenberg Country Inn is owned and managed by a committed husband and wife team who are dedicated to providing warm hospitality and comfortable accommodation in the magnificent Cape Winelands.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Tulbagh lies in the wine route 62, Breede River Valley, and a easy 80 minutes drive North-East of Cape Town. It is a charming historic town with a wealth of Cape Dutch Architecture.