If you want to be close to central Johannesburg or Rosebank, you don’t have to stay at a big and impersonal (and expensive) hotel. Come to Melville Manor – sensibly-priced, spotlessly clean!
Choose between sleeping in a well appointed room with single / double bed or in a new poolside en-suite room in a beautifully restored Victorian styled house. We offer guests a full English or continental breakfast, which includes cereals, muffins, yoghurts, fresh fruit, toast, bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes etc and fresh filter coffee or tea.
We offer undercover and off street parking, for those who have cars, a lovely garden with swimming pool, guest lounge, cable TV, fax and internet with WiFi facilities. We also offer transfers to and from the airport at competitive rates and tours to Soweto can be arranged.
* Swimming pool
* Credit cards accepted
* Wake up calls arranged
* Airport transfers / Secure parking
* Fully serviced / housekeeping / Laundry / dry cleaning service
* Telephone, Fax and e-mail facilities, television and internet connection in rooms.
Facilities & Services:
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Laundry Service
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Other Language
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Melville Manor Guest House boasts 4 rooms inside the main house. Two of these are ensuite, and two share a large family bathroom. We have three rooms outside, two of which are garden and poolside. All rooms are equipped with their own TV’s and telephones. All outside rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
Melville Manor Guest House Activities:
- We are close to the university, the SABC, Newtown, the Oriental Plaza and the wonderful shops, restaurants and cafés of Melville.
- Melville has a variety of boutiques, restaurants (SOI and Café de la Crème and The Melville Grill), bars and night clubs in walking distance from our guest house.
- Constitutional Hill, the Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City are but a few of the interesting historical places that can be visited with or without a tour guide as well as the famous Rosebank Craft Market.
- For walkers the Melville Koppies, Emmerentia Park and Zoo Lake is close by.
Click to display the map
Melville Manor Guest House Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
Nice place and very helpful staff. Good value for money. 100 meters from 7th Road with loads of bars & good restaurants.
Rating: Reviewed by Henrik Lehmann Fosse over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Melville Manor Guest House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Melville Manor Guest House include:
We offer comfortable and neat accommodation in the trendy and central suburb of Melville, Johannesburg, within walking distance. Quiet, privacy and hospitality are our key values. Airport transfers at best prices.
Established in June 2006, the Mi Casa Su Casa brand has built a reputation in the industry as an establishment that offers its guests a truly warm and welcoming African experience and you home away from home.
12 Stars Lifestyle Apartments are situated in the vibrant and central suburb of Melville, ideal for the business travellers or those who have a longer term stay in mind. Fully furnished 54 sqm open-plan contemporary one bed studio apartments.
per person sharing
This guest house is luxurious, contemporary, spacious and upmarket. Located right next door to the hub of old Melville nightlife you can only assure yourself of a superb stay. A selection of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs are within walking distance
The Space Guest House is the most centrally located in the heart of trendy Melville, close to the SABC, Media 24, Wits and the University of Johannesburg.
per person sharing