If you want to be close to central Johannesburg or Rosebank, you dont have to stay at a big and impersonal (and expensive) hotel. Come to Melville Manor sensibly-priced, spotlessly clean!
Choose between sleeping in a well appointed room with single / double bed or in a new poolside en-suite room in a beautifully restored Victorian styled house. We offer guests a full English or continental breakfast, which includes cereals, muffins, yoghurts, fresh fruit, toast, bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes etc and fresh filter coffee or tea.
We offer undercover and off street parking, for those who have cars, a lovely garden with swimming pool, guest lounge, cable TV, fax and internet with WiFi facilities. We also offer transfers to and from the airport at competitive rates and tours to Soweto can be arranged.
* Swimming pool
* Credit cards accepted
* Wake up calls arranged
* Airport transfers / Secure parking
* Fully serviced / housekeeping / Laundry / dry cleaning service
* Telephone, Fax and e-mail facilities, television and internet connection in rooms.
- We are close to the university, the SABC, Newtown, the Oriental Plaza and the wonderful shops, restaurants and cafs of Melville.
- Melville has a variety of boutiques, restaurants (SOI and Caf de la Crme and The Melville Grill), bars and night clubs in walking distance from our guest house.
- Constitutional Hill, the Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City are but a few of the interesting historical places that can be visited with or without a tour guide as well as the famous Rosebank Craft Market.
- For walkers the Melville Koppies, Emmerentia Park and Zoo Lake is close by.
From Johannesburg International:
Take the R24 towards Johannesburg from JHB International. Turn on to the N3 (Germiston) highway. Turn on to the M2 West (Roodepoort). Turn on to the M1 North (Sandton/Pretoria).
Take the Empire Road offramp Turn left at the offramp. Follow Empire Rd - it will become Stanley Road. Just before Stanely Rd becomes Kingsway Rd, turn right into Lothbury Rd. Proceed over a traffic circle.
Lothbury Rd will now be 7th Street. Turn left into 2nd Avenue, Melville. We are No.80.
Melville Manor Guest House boasts 4 rooms inside the main house. Two of these are ensuite, and two share a large family bathroom. We have three rooms outside, two of which are garden and poolside. All rooms are equipped with their own TVs and telephones. All outside rooms have ensuite bathrooms.