Masodini Game Lodge is ideally situated in Balule Nature Reserve, a private 40.000 hectares part of the Greater Kruger National Park, to offer you the true feeling of Africa.
A Bush lover`s paradise within this `Big Five` Conservation area, Masodini Game Lodge itself is surrounded by Fever trees and evergreen African date palms creating the perfect oasis. The lodge overlooks the water hole, is safe and fenced-in, providing protection against unwanted animal intruders.
Masodini Game Lodge is exclusive and intimate, able to provide guests exclusive use of the camp and facilities for up to 8 guests. We welcome families with children of all ages. We often host bush weddings and would be delighted to be your host for a wonderful bush wedding.
Come and stay and enjoy the peace, tranquility and silence of the bush.
Enjoy and experience Game drives in open 4x4 Game drive vehicles and wonderful birding opportunities in and around Masodini with our experienced Nature Guide.
Your hosts will provide you with a wonderful and memorable experience through their personal service and attention.
Masodini Game Lodge is ideal for the bush and has the athmosphere and amenities to ensure your stay will be truly memorable. There are many places to visit using Masodini as your base, such as the Kruger National Park, Kinyonga Reptile Park, Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre, the Cheetah Project, the Panorama Route, local villages and much, much more.
The Valley of the Olifants in the Lowveld is one of the last unspoilt corners of Africa - vast, unhurried, timeless.
Named after the valley of the Great Olifants River that meanders through the Greater Kruger National Park , it offers vast expanses of the most beautiful riverine vegetation filled with an abundance of Game and Bird life.
Accommodation at Masodini Game Lodge:
In the heart of the bush veld, Masodini Game Lodge offers luxury private and secluded accommodation in Bush Chalets with open terrasses and a Log House with great view to the waterhole.
Masodini is very private and can offer guests exclusive use of the camp and its facilities for up to 10 guests.
All rooms are tastefully decorated, have private patios, full bathrooms, aircondition/heating and the windows are mosquito protected. Coffee and tea facilities are also provided in the rooms.
Clothing and Accessories:
Summers are hot and sometimes humid, so comfortable natural fabric cloths are recommended.
In winter evenings may be cool, and warm sweater or jacekts may be required.
Comfortable, closed walking shoes, hat and sun protection lotion as well as a flashlight is recommended.
Health and Climate:
Health - Our area is low risk malaria.
Our Chalets are mosquito protected, and we provide mosquito coils/repellents.
We recommend the use of protective creams or lotions, and some Medical advice suggests the use of prophylactics.
Start or end your day in with a 3 hours safari in our open comfortable game viewing vehicles with our experienced nature guide.
See an abundance of other game, bird species and small creatures adding to the overall experience and understanding of the interdependent role players, plants, trees, birds, insects and animals.
Examples of typical daily activities:
- early morning rise. (Some may prefer a lie-in.)
- after Tea/coffee and rusks, depart on a guided Game Drive
- return to the Lodge for breakfast
- during the day, relax around the splash pool, watch animals and birds from the hide, the elevated viewing deck or from inside the protected camp
- a light lunch is served by arrangement around 13.00
- depart late afternoon for a Game drive and Sundowners in the bush, followed by a night drive back to camp
- back at the Lodge, enjoy dinner in the Lapa, or around a campfire under a galaxy of stars
- after dark spotlights light up the waterhole for night time viewing from inside the camp.
A base from which to explore:
Guests are able to use Masodini Game Lodge as a base from which to undertake excursions, taking in the wonderful sights and attractions in the area. This can be undertaken in your own car, or guided tours are available on request.
- If cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received 31 days or more prior to arrival, 35% of the total balance will be forfeited
- If it is received between 30 to 14 days prior to arrival, 65% of the total balance will be forfeited
- If it is received within 13 to 00 days prior to arrival, 100% of the total balance will be forfeited
- Please ensure that you have adequate travel insurance to cover these cancellation penalties
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Tswana / Sotho
Masodini Game Lodge is a Game Lodge in Hoedspruit Limpopo South Africa