Mashovhela Bush Lodge is an award winning Eco-Lodge nested in the valley of our Natural heritage site. It is 3 Star graded, with 10 ethnically decorated en-suite chalets and three annex Safari tents (two self-catering) which evoke a special Venda Village atmosphere.
Ideal for a family friendly breakaway, it is truly a value for money experience with guided walking trails and nature drives as well as tours to the mystical forests, sacred lakes, water spirits, stunning scenery and famous Venda culture of arts and crafts.
Mashovhela Bush Lodge is situated on the Morning Sun Nature Reserve with its big private waterfall and sacred Mashovhela Rock Pool.
- 50% deposit is required to secure the booking as confirmed
- The balance is payable 2 weeks prior to arrival
- Payments may be made via bank transfer - cash deposit or credit card
- Regret no cheques or travelers cheques
- The full amount of the booking must be settled before check-in
The entrance to the lodge is next to the N1 and is very easy to find. Mashovhela Bush Lodge is only 20 km from Louis Trichardt.
Places in the area:
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe World Heritage Site
- Tshipise Hot Water Springs
- Bergpan Salt pans
- Blouberg Nature Reserve
- Schoemansdal Museum
- Dancing Fish Gallery at Madia Thavha
Comfortable walking shoes
Binoculars for bird watchers
Jacket for chilly evenings
Malaria Free Area
Warm in Summer Months (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb)
Cool to Warm in Spring and Autumn (March, April, Aug, Sept, Oct)
Days are cool and nights are cold in Winter Months (May, June, July)
- Nature Hikes and Walking Safaris
- Mountain Biking
- Guided Walks and Drives
- Venda Drumming
- Venda Dancing
- Venda Tours
- Venda Arts and Crafts tours
- Wild Dog Tracking
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Northern Kruger National Park
- Musina Nature Reserve
- Nwanedi Nature Reserve
- Tshipise Hot Springs
- Big Tree at Sagole Spa
- Tshimbubfe Archaeological site
- Blouberg Nature Reserve
- 100% Cancellation charge for total services reserved if cancelled 7 or fewer days in advance; (this includes all no-shows, non-arrivals without written valid reason for cancellation caused by illness or death)
- 75% Cancellation charge of the total services reserved if cancelled between 8 to 14 days prior to arrival
- 50% Cancellation charge of the deposit cancelled between 15 to 21 days prior to arrival
- 25% Cancellation charge of the deposit if cancelled between 22 to 30 days prior to arrival
- 0% Cancellation charge if cancelled 31 or more days prior to arrival.
Please note: Unforeseen cancellations due to war, unrest or any other related circumstances are subject to the above mentioned terms and do not constitute a valid reason for waiver of the cancellation policy terms.
In the event of cancellation bonfire arising from illness or death, the provision of the consumer protection act apply, subject to proof being furnished.
Drive North on the N1 (Toll road) until you enter Polokwane/Pietersburg
At the 3 set of traffic lights turn left. Signposted as preferred route for LDVs to Zimbabwe/ Makhado (NELSON MANDELA DRIVE)
Pass the Industrial Area for 3,5 km
At the 7th set of traffic lights turn right. Signposted as N1 recommended route and airport (VERMIKULIET DRIVE)
Drive 4 km to the T junction. Turn left onto the N1
Pass the Airport & follow the signs to Makhado/Louis Trichardt
You will now drive north for about 100 km (Toll road)
In Makhado/Louis Trichardt drive straight, passing two 4 Way stops. Continue North passing a traffic circle. Set your odometer to 0 to measure 16 km
Pass Ingwe Ranch (from here you have 2 km to go)
Pass the 120 kmh speed sign and indicate to turn LEFT.
At MASHOVHELA LODGE (MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE) turn left and enter our gate.
Follow the sand road and signs for 4 km into the mountain valley, until you end up at the Lodge.
The closest commercial airport is at Polokwane which is approximately 120 Km from the lodge. However private of chartered flights are possible to airfields near Louis Trichardt (30 km from the lodge) or Musina (65 km).
Accommodation at Mashovhela Bush Lodge:
Our rooms, having been built on an abandoned Venda settlement to minimize our ecological footprint, are based on the Venda culture.
Thatched roofs keep the chalets cool in summer and warm in winter. Our rooms are intimate, comfortable and unique.