Tshukudu has a delightful Self Catering camp, Marula Camp
, providing neighbouring Hoedspruit, Blyde River Canyon and Kruger National Park with African style lodge accommodation. Marula Camp is situated within the 3800 ha Tshukudu Private Game Reserve and has a beautiful view of the Drakensburg Mountains.
The Reserve boasts not only the Big 5 but also numerous antelope and over 270 species of bird-life.
Accommodation at Marula Camp:
Accommodation consists of 2 luxury, African style safari tents with bathrooms en-suite and 4 air-conditioned thatched cottages sleeping 22 guests in total. This is a family safari camp so guests of all ages are welcome.
The Tshukudu Self-Catering Camp has an indoor lounge and bar area fitted with DSTV and Free Wi-Fi as well as a fully equipped communal kitchen. Our friendly staff will provide a fire in the traditional African Boma for your evening meal.
Our younger guests are sure to enjoy the playground area with swings, a jungle gym as well as a Trampoline. The self-catering camp is fully serviced and all linen and towels are provided. You only need to provide your own food, drinks and towels used for swimming. Experience the sounds of the bush veld and observe wildlife at the drinking trough from the pool or the veranda of the African style safari tents or cottages.
An experience of a lifetime in this small, intimate self-catering camp as well as the unparalleled hospitality of Chris & Vicky Sussens will surely make you return again and again and again.
Marula Camp Activities:
An experienced ranger will take you on an early morning bush walk or an early morning and late afternoon 4x4 safari game drive providing you with excellent game viewing opportunities of the Big 5 in their natural habitat.
Apart from the bush walk and the 4x4 safari game drives offered by Tshukudu Self-Catering Accommodation, the following additional activities and attractions are available in the Hoedspruit area of Limpopo:
• Blyde River Dam boat cruises
• Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
• Endangered Species Breeding Centre at Kapama
• Elephant back safaris at Camp Jabulani
• Kharmai Reptile Park
• Mafunyani African Village
• Bombyx Mori Silk Farm
• Giant Baobab
• Jessica the Hippo
• Horse riding at African Dream horse safaris
• White water rafting (Seasonal)
• Micro light flips
• Panoramic Route (Three Rondavels, God’s Window and Pilgrims Rest)
• Hot Air Ballooning
• Kruger National Park
• Various local Restaurants and Pubs
Marula Camp Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
- Please ensure that you pack light-weight comfortable clothing as neutral as possible in order to blend in with the environment.
- A comfortable pair of walking shoes is advisable for the morning walk.
- Warm clothing may be needed in winter season for early morning and evening (May to August).
- Please pack a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, flashlight, camera and binoculars.
- As we are in a low risk malaria area we suggest you bring a mosquito repellent like Peaceful Sleep or something similar. Alternatively contact your local GP regarding malaria medication.
- Our electricity works on a 220 volt current system. Please bring the necessary converter / adapter should you wish to use / charge your electrical appliances.
- Our rooms are supplied with a limited amount of amenities such as soap, shampoo and body lotion as well as tea/coffee/sugar etc. It is advisable for you to also bring your own favorites.
- A laundry service is available for guests staying 7 nights or longer at an extra cost.
- A Curio shop is situated at our Tshukudu Main Lodge and is reasonably priced.
- If you would prefer not to cook you are welcome to have meals at our Tshukudu Main Lodge. Meals are booked in advance and paid separately at the Tshukudu Main Lodge prior to departure. Breakfast - R80 p.p, Lunch - R95 p.p and Supper - R125 p.p.
Situated in the vast Balule Nature Reserve which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park, this is home to Africa's "Big Game" & little creatures too!
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Gem Bateleur is an exclusive, self-catering private 4-star lodge with accommodation for 10 people and situated in the heart of the Valley of the Olifants in the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. This is a birding paradise and central to great places to visit.
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
Tshukudu, a Big 5 Game Reserve is teeming with animals and birdlife that can be encountered on walks and game drives with an experienced Ranger
African Rock Lodge is a luxurious and private bush lodge (maximum eight guests) situated on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate close to the Krugerpark. Owners-run, speak English, French, German, Dutch and Afrikaans.
Situated on 3800 ha of pristine Africa Bush, Tshukudu Private Game Reserve is the ideal location to experience Africa’s Big Five.
per person sharing