Makarios on the River B&B offers several unique features, including excellent security, an adjoining airstrip for light aircraft, small game and abundant bird life as well as access to the river from the estate’s slipway and jetty area.
Whilst the area is world renowned for its safe beaches, including a Blue Flag Beach, on or from the estate, or in the area, the following is available:
- Bird watching
- Bowls, tennis and golf at local clubs
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Fishing (sea and river)
- Game viewing safaris in this malaria-free area either in private reserves such as the local Kariega or Sibuya Game Reserves, and the Addo National Park which is 100 kms away.
- Health Spas in the area
- Horse Trails on the local beaches (overnight also available)
- Hiking/Nature Walking
- Swimming, surfing, snorkeling and wave sports
- Water skiing
- For those who simply wish to relax, our well appointed rooms, and a number of areas in the garden, offer the opportunity for reading, bird watching or just taking in the tranquil surroundings.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 45 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 60 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the booking total.
Directions to Makarios on the River:
On R72, from PE/Alexandria turn left, from East London/Port Alfred turn right, at “Suncoast Gateway Tourist Centre” (Green/white striped roof; orange walls) towards Rivers Bend (do not turn to Boesmansriviermond), then immediately left and see a sign on your right, oval in shape, green background, white writing, which says “Nature’s Landing” (NL).
Follow the road and at the next intersection, where you see the second NL sign, turn right into 1st Ave/1ste Ln and follow the road.-beware of small speed bumps.
When you get near to Mega Build-It, you’ll see the same NL sign on the fence directing you to the right on a gravel road.
Follow the fence, keeping it on your left, down a dip, pass a dam on your left and come to the NL gate. BEWARE OF TWO LARGE SPEED BUMPS ON THE GRAVEL ROAD.
Phone Doug and we will open the entrance gate for you.
Turn right inside NL for 70 m, and left into our drive (sign “Makarios”). At our gate, press the bell.
We welcome young people older than 12, but regret we are unable to host the younger ones.
We have 4 suites in our B&B, all with views:
Protea is our premium/honeymoon suite with 180 degree views of the Bushmans River from its balcony, boasts a king size extra length double bed, and an en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower.
Cosmos has a garden view from the room, balcony and en suite shower. It also has a king size extra length double bed.
Aloe has a river view from the room, balcony and shower, as well as a queen size extra length double bed.
Strelitzia has an en suite bathroom with bath and over bath shower. It boasts a large deck overlooking the exercise pool, garden and river, and is offered with either a king size double bed, or in a twin single bed configuration.
Private access as well as entry to the house. En-suite with shower only, refreshment station, and a small fridge, equipped with DStv, ceiling fan. Wi-Fi is available throughout the B&B.
Private access as well as entry to the house. Premium/Honeymoon Suite. En-suite with bath and shower, refreshment station, and a small fridge, equipped with DStv, ceiling fan. Wi-Fi is available throughout the B&B.
Private access as well as entry to the house. En-suite with bath and over bath shower, refreshment station, and a small fridge, equipped with DStv, ceiling fan. Wi-Fi is available throughout the B&B. Available in double or twin bed configuration.