Ehlathini Game Lodge is a place of quiet sophistication with an appreciation of and for Africa. Here nature surrounds your every move; a place of tranquil relaxation where our guests determine their own pace of the day.
At the main lodge, we have three beautiful, en-suite and individually decorated rooms that open onto the outdoor passageway overlooking the pool, garden and watering hole. These rooms are booked on catered options only.
Our chalets are within walking distance from the main lodge, each with a private patio overlooking the bush veld. These chalets share a communal kitchen and boma for clients choosing the self-catering package.
- Check-In: Anytime form 14:00. Clients arriving after 21:00 without prior arrangement will be charged a R250.00 late check-in fee.
- Check-out: 10:00
- Child policy: We regret no children under the age of 12. Children 12 years and older will be charged as adults.
- Property Policy: Self-Catering clients wishing to book a special meal while at Ehlathini can do so when the reservation is made and the price will be determined according to the menu. Bush drives are available on request. Self- Catering clients are responsible for the dishes / Cleaning of the self-catering kitchen before departure. Failure to do so will result in R400.00 cleaning fee.
You can literally sit for hours on the terrace and watch the animals at the watering hole, listen to the birds in the garden, become one with the sound of dribbling water, all whilst sipping on your favourite hot or cold beverage.
We want you to relax, we want you to recharge. And that we can offer you. If however you feel more adventurous, the following might tickle your fancy:
- Our swimming pool
- Game drives (game viewing of the big four can be arranged on request at neighbouring farms)
- Guided bush walks
- Bird watching
- Exploring Lephalale and surrounds (our closest town)
Full payment is required before arrival and a 50% deposit required for a provisional booking. Refunds on cancellation will apply as stated below:
- 1 to 7 Days 0 % refund
- 8 to 14 Days 25 % refund
- 15 to 21 Days 50 % refund
- 22 to 29 Days 100 % refund
- Cancellation must be in writing
- Prepayment: A 50 % deposit is required for a provisional booking.
From N1 (Pretoria) to Ehlathini Game Lodge
- Take the N1 toward Polokwane
- After Kranskop Fuel station take the R33 exit toward Modimolle / Marble Hall (+/- 130 km)
- Turn left onto the R33. Stay on the R33 through Modimolle for about 72.2 km to Vaalwater
- In Vaalwater turn right at the 4 way stop towards Melkrivier and continue for about 45.5 km
- Turn left at the T-junction towards the R518 for about 13.5 km
- At the next T-junction turn left onto the R518 and continue for about 38.2 km towards Marken
- In Marken, at the T-junction turn left onto the R18/R518 and continue for about 4.9 km
- After the Overyssel turn off to the left slow down and turn right onto Jemima Road that turns onto a gravel road and continue for about 1.9 km till you see the giraffe sign for Ehlathini Lodge on your right hand side.
- Open gate and drive through, please remember to close the gate again. Drive straight till you get to a 2nd gate, you are now entering Ehlathini s game Farm. Close game securely behind you, we dont want any of the animals to get out. Drive straight. You will get to a dead end; just follow the road to the left.
- At the fork keep right.
- At the second forks keep left and follow the road all the way up to the main lodge where we will be waiting to greet you with a cool beverage and a welcoming smile.
Chalet near main lodge with private patio overlooking the bushveld. King bed and en-suite bathroom. Access to communal kitchen, 2 gas stove tops, a fridge/freezer, microwave, extra electrical points for travel fridges/freezers. Boma & outdoor furniture
Chalet near main lodge with private patio overlooking the bushveld. King bed and en-suite bathroom. Access to equipped communal kitchen, 2 gas stove tops, a fridge/freezer, microwave, plus extra electrical points for travel fridges/freezers & BBQ/Boma
Bedroom in the main lodge with 1 x double bed and en-suite bathroom. Overlooks pool & garden. Mini bar fridge, tea/coffee station, hairdryer, bath towels & linen, ceiling fan & warm blankets for cool evenings.
Chalet near main lodge with private patio overlooking wateringhole. King bed, en-suite bathroom & patio. Access to communal kitchen, 2 gas stove tops, a fridge/freezer, microwave, plus extra electrical points for travel fridges/freezers & BBQ/Boma area