Set on the banks of the Sabie River, this luxurious and exclusive self-catering Lodge 23
offers a bush getaway like no other. Situated on a 290 ha private reserve estate aptly named Elephant Point, Lodge 23 borders the iconic Kruger National Park, a mere 5 hour drive from Johannesburg or 45 minutes from the Skukuza airport following a 45 minute flight from Johannesburg. Alternatively you can book a 2.5 hour direct flight from Cape Town.
At Lodge 23 you will become immersed in the sounds of nature, with the call of the fish eagle and the trumpeting of elephants echoing through the ancient African bush as you relax on the poolside deck, or enjoy a night under the stars around the fire in the boma catering for 8 people.
Lodge 23 is the ideal base from which to explore the many sights and tourist attractions of the Kruger. Whilst the self-drive game viewing option is the order of the day, guided Rhino Walks, open air vehicle game drives as well as a Gary Player golf course 34 km away, can all be arranged.
The area is known for its warm subtropical climate, and the lush riverine vegetation allows for attractive walks around the property, often bumping into a variety of antelope and cheeky monkeys.
Whilst the Lodge is self catering, there is access to a prior to arrival
perishables shopping list at an additional charge.
In the basic price is access to tea, coffee, sugar and basic spices and ingredients.
Facilities at Lodge 23:
- Gourmet kitchen including French La Canche stove, Kitchen Aid and all other top appliances
- Coffee station with state-of-the-art machine
- Back scullery and prep kitchen with dish washing machine and deep freezer
- Large glass-fronted fridge for supplies with an ice machine
- Fully equipped laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and iron press
- Large lounge /dining area with fireplace
- Upstairs covered view deck and bar with Flat Screen television, Cable television (DSTV) and DVD player
- Moroccan feature courtyard with citrus trees and fountain
- Large deck with a luxurious under-cover seating area
- Swimming pool with 6 sun loungers
- 10 person Deck dining area
- Pizza oven and Weber kettle barbecue
- Sundowner upstairs deck
- Enclosed reed boma with fire pit, individual chairs and tables
Accommodation at Lodge 23:
Four luxurious en-suite bedrooms (2 King, 2 Queen) with river views - two with outside bath, one with outside shower - all supplied with luxury white linen, towels, gowns, slippers, and toiletries.
Each suite is equipped with a ceiling fan, air-conditioner, room safe, hairdryer, and in room tea/coffee facilities. Entrance to each bedroom is from the sunset deck overlooking the pool, boma, and river.
Please note that we do not accept children under 12 as the Lodge is not designed to accommodate young children.
We do not accept pets as the Lodge is in a Reserve. The Lodge is a non-smoking house.