Lavender Beach is a tastefully decorated holiday cottage - sleeping up to 8 people (3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms) with a separate flat sleeping up to 3 people with beautiful sea views, is situated on the beach front, in a quiet cul-du-sac, only 10 minutes away from the resort town Hermanus.
Situated on the border of Onrus and Vermont and 10 minutes walk to Onrus Beach and 200 meters from a tidal pool.
Walk out the front door, onto the magnificent seaside cliff path with its panoramic views of both the ocean and the surrounding mountains. Enjoy the best land-based whale watching in the world! In season guests regularly see whales while enjoying breakfast on the front patio.
Onrus is well known as a mecca for famous artists and authors who can be ascribed to the tranquility, beauty and peaceful pace at which one lives here. Vermont borders onto Onrus and is a suburb which was well planned bordering "green belts" to maintain the tranquility, fynbos and bird life.
Cape Town is just over an hours drive. Ideal for day trips to Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront and Stellenbosch wine lands.
Explore the Overberg and Western Cape from this base and discover all the secrets.
Accommodation at Lavender Beach:
Child-friendly 3-bedroom Villa With Extra 1bedroom Flat and Outdoor BBQ Area and Garden, on the Sea-Front.
- 3 bedroom cottage (sleeps 2 to max 8 people)
One Main bedroom downstairs - double bed
A loft-style bedroom, sleeping 3 people, with 3 single beds offering gorgeous sea views
A 3rd bedroom upstairs with a double bed and 1 single bed
- 3 separate bathrooms - one with a bath and 2 with a showers
- All bedding is provided
- Full DSTV
- Open-plan lounge/dining room/kitchen area
- Sea-facing patio with wooden table/6 chairs/umbrella to use
- Living area is comfortably furnished, including. Full DStv (no need to bring your own card), DVD Player, Radio/CD player
- The dining room table sits 6-8 guests. Lovely sea views
- Fully equipped kitchen includes cutlery and crockery for 8 persons, fridge/freezer, microwave oven, stove and under counter oven, dishwasher
- Laundry with washing machine and tumble dryer, ironing facilities and a vacuum cleaner
- Built-in Braai Area - outside in the garden, between the house and flat/ garage, with lovely mountain views
- Sleeps 1 to 3
- Open-plan loft room with king-size bed, single bed and beautiful sea views
- En suite bathroom with bath, basin and toilet
- Mini kitchenette with fridge/freezer, microwave oven, slow-cooker, toaster, kettle and electric frying pan; cutlery and crockery for 4 people
- Small dining room table and 2 chairs
- Full DSTV and DVD player
- Lovely rear garden with patio, garden furniture and Weber Braai
- Minimum stay of 2 nights
- Meet and greet on arrival
- No noise after 10 at night. Please consider our permanent neighbours all around
- Off-street parking available
- We regret no smoking indoors please
- Airport transfers by arrangement
- All children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Golf - Arabella, Hermanus and Kleinmond (15 min)
- Swimming - 10 min from Onrus Beach, 200 m from tidal pool
- Fishing and diving - right in front of the house is an excellent spot to dive for crayfish and a slipway to launch your boat or canoe
- Mountain walks and hikes - Fernkloof Nature Reserve and Caledon wild flower reserve
- Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens - Betty's Bay, a popular attraction for flora lovers - 20 min drive
- Sunset cruises on the Stanford River - African Queen Cruises
- Caledon Spa, health centre and casino - 30 min drive
- Cycling - bring your bicycle
- Whale watching - the best land-based watching in the world - just 10 min away
- Boat trips - deep sea fishing/whale watching/harbour tours
- Shark cage diving - Kleinbaai
- Wine tasting - in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, seven wineries - 10 min drive
- Saturdays 07:30 - 12:00 Hermanus: Farmers' Market, 09:00 Hermanus: Hermanuspietersfontein
- Saturday Craft Market in the village square - Do not miss this opportunity for local arts and crafts
- Beer tasting - Birkenhead Brewery - Stanford
Day trips 60 - 80 min away:
- Cape Town city centre - art galleries, museums, bohemian Long Street, trendy beaches and Table Mountains cableway
- V&A Waterfront - the aquarium, movies, many shops and restaurants
- Wine routes of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek and Robertson
- Scenic towns and villages - Arniston, Waenhuiskrans, Bredasdorp, Caledon, Elim, Genadendal, Bettys Bay, Stanford, Napier
- Cape Agulhas - Visit the most southern tip of Africa - 1 hour away
From Cape Town take the N2, then R43 to Hermanus; turn right at Onrus / Vermont turn-off - at Onrus Trading Post.
Turn into Vermont avenue; go strait down towards the sea until you reach a T-junction; turn right into Marine Drive; Lavender Beach is the third house from the corner at no 46 - 46 Marine Drive.