Kulanga Cottages Bed & Breakfast offers you a special African experience.
Situated in the quiet residential area of Linden (adjacent to Randburg), yet a stone`s throw away from the heart of the Metropolitan City of Johannesburg, with fast access to all major freeways and tourist attractions.
Enjoy a sultry summer night under starry African skies. Dream your African dream in our thatched, tastefully furnished ethnic cottages, secure from the shadows and intrigues of nightfall.
Awaken to a wonderful breakfast which will be served in your cottage, while overlooking your own private garden with abundant bird life.
Other than a variety of popular day trips, such as Gold Reef City, Soweto, the Lion Park, Sun City and Pilansberg Game Reserve, a visit to the famous Randburg Waterfront, only minutes away, is an absolute must with its 8 cinemas, 65 bars and restaurants to choose from, 360 flea market stalls and many other entertainment facilities.
Banks, travel agents, golf courses, gyms and major shopping centres are all close at hand.
Transfers to and from Johannesburg International Airport, as well as car hire and day-trips in and around Johannesburg are available by prior arrangement.
Facilities and Services:
- Own patio
- alarm clock
- microwave and coffee and tea making facilities
- air conditioning and safe
- Free Wi-Fi
- Secure, remote-controlled parking is available on the property
- Waterfront (shops, restaurants, flea market) - 5km
- Monte Casino & entertainment centre - 10km
- Lesedi Cultural Village - 20km
- Kromdraai Conservancy (Cradle of Mankind)- 35km
- Cullinan Diamond Mine - 70km
- Sun City, Lost City & The Valley of Waves- 200km
- Pilansberg Game Reserve - 200km
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
From Johannesburg International Airport (from Pretoria: read from point 4)
- On exit from the airport follow the road signs to Johannesburg This will take you on to the R24.
- Follow the R24 until you get the road signs directing you to the N3.
- Take the turnoff to the N3 north and follow the signs to get on to the N3 north to Pretoria.
- Follow the N3 north until it becomes the N1 south direction Roodepoort. (Do not take the turnoff to Pretoria N1 north).
- Take the third turnoff, Hans Strydom Drive to the left. This is a double lane road.
- Continue on Hans Strydom Drive. It will become a single road and a short distance further you will get to a large traffic circle with a Toyota garage on the right hand side.
- Turn left at the traffic circle into Third Avenue and continue to Sixth Street where you turn left and proceed to no. 119.
From Bloemfontein / Cape Town
- Follow the N1 north direction Pretoria.
- Take the Gordon Road turnoff and and turn right at the traffic light.
- Cross the N1 and continue on Gordon Road until it ends in single road at a traffic light with slip road to the left.
- Turn left on the slip road into Long Road.
- Carry on with Long Road. Do not turn off at any stage. It will cross Beyers Naude Drive (formerly DF Malan) as Milner Street. Milner Street becomes Fifth Street.
- Turn right into Second Avenue.
- Turn left into Sixth Street and proceed to no. 119.
Thatch cottages with stunning African furnishings and patios that overlook the beautiful garden.
Each cottage has colour TV, fan/heater, alarm clock and kitchenette with fridge, microwave and coffee- and tea-making facilities.
The en-suite bathrooms have double basins and a luxuriously spacious shower.
Should you wish to stay 'at home' once in a while, we can offer you a choice of delicious gourmet dinners.
Telephone-, fax- and internet facilities are at your disposal.
Secure parking is available on the property.
Comfortable studio rooms. Patios overlook a beautiful garden. En-suite bathrooms with shower. Microwave, mini-fridge and tea/coffee making facilities. Rates include basic breakfast.
Stunning thatch cottage that can accommodate up to four people. This cottage has its own patio. The bathroom has a spacious shower as well as an enormous bath with mosaic inlay in true African style! Rates include basic breakfast.
Comfortable thatched cottage with African furnishings, queen bed, en-suite shower, fridge, microwave, and coffee and tea making facilities. Patio looking into a beautiful quiet garden setting. Rates include basic breakfast.
Thatch cottage with stunning African furnishings. Patio overlooks beautiful garden. En-suite bathroom with double basins and spacious shower. Fridge, microwave, coffee and tea facilities. Rates include basic breakfast.
Comfortable studio with two twin beds and en-suite shower. Patio overlooking into quiet garden. Studio has bar fridge, microwave and tea / coffee making facilities. Rates include basic breakfast.