Kulanga Cottages Bed & Breakfast offers you a special African experience.
Situated in the quiet residential area of Linden (adjacent to Randburg), yet a stone`s throw away from the heart of the Metropolitan City of Johannesburg, with fast access to all major freeways and tourist attractions.
Enjoy a sultry summer night under starry African skies. Dream your African dream in our thatched, tastefully furnished ethnic cottages, secure from the shadows and intrigues of nightfall.
Awaken to a wonderful breakfast which will be served in your cottage, while overlooking your own private garden with abundant bird life.
Other than a variety of popular day trips, such as Gold Reef City, Soweto, the Lion Park, Sun City and Pilansberg Game Reserve, a visit to the famous Randburg Waterfront, only minutes away, is an absolute must with its 8 cinemas, 65 bars and restaurants to choose from, 360 flea market stalls and many other entertainment facilities.
Banks, travel agents, golf courses, gyms and major shopping centres are all close at hand.
Transfers to and from Johannesburg International Airport, as well as car hire and day-trips in and around Johannesburg are available by prior arrangement.
- Waterfront (shops, restaurants, flea market) - 5km
- Monte Casino & entertainment centre - 10km
- Lesedi Cultural Village - 20km
- Kromdraai Conservancy (Cradle of Mankind)- 35km
- Cullinan Diamond Mine - 70km
- Sun City, Lost City & The Valley of Waves- 200km
- Pilansberg Game Reserve - 200km
From Johannesburg International Airport (from Pretoria: read from point 4)
- On exit from the airport follow the road signs to Johannesburg This will take you on to the R24.
- Follow the R24 until you get the road signs directing you to the N3.
- Take the turnoff to the N3 north and follow the signs to get on to the N3 north to Pretoria.
- Follow the N3 north until it becomes the N1 south direction Roodepoort. (Do not take the turnoff to Pretoria N1 north).
- Take the third turnoff, Hans Strydom Drive to the left. This is a double lane road.
- Continue on Hans Strydom Drive. It will become a single road and a short distance further you will get to a large traffic circle with a Toyota garage on the right hand side.
- Turn left at the traffic circle into Third Avenue and continue to Sixth Street where you turn left and proceed to no. 119.
From Bloemfontein / Cape Town
- Follow the N1 north direction Pretoria.
- Take the Gordon Road turnoff and and turn right at the traffic light.
- Cross the N1 and continue on Gordon Road until it ends in single road at a traffic light with slip road to the left.
- Turn left on the slip road into Long Road.
- Carry on with Long Road. Do not turn off at any stage. It will cross Beyers Naude Drive (formerly DF Malan) as Milner Street. Milner Street becomes Fifth Street.
- Turn right into Second Avenue.
- Turn left into Sixth Street and proceed to no. 119.