The Knysna Country House is situated in the wooded suburb of Hunters Home, away from the maddening crowds, yet close to all amenities.
From these quiet surroundings, you can experience the rich bird life and enjoy lagoon views from sweeping decks in a truly relaxing way.
A delicious continental breakfast is served every morning on the large terrace boasting superb views of the estuary and forested hillsides.
After a well earned sundowner in the convivial pub and snooker room, request a 5-star meal or relax at the pool with drinks and cocktails.
From Cape Town / George:
- Follow the N2 through the centre of Knysna, towards Plettenberg Bay;
- Turn right onto George Rex Drive, towards the Knysna Heads;
- At the 4th turnoff (clearly signed as Knysna Golf Course turn off), turn left into Howard Street;
- Follow the road along the Knysna Golf Course;
- At the top of Howard Street, turn left at the t-junction into Fraser Street;
- After about 200m you will find the Knysna Country House on your left.
From Port Elizabeth / Plettenberg Bay:
- As the N2 descents into Knysna turn Left into George Rex Drive, towards the Knysna Heads;
- follow directions as above
Standard double (3 units):
Standard double rooms with en-suite shower. It leads out to a shared sunny, sheltered patio, ideal for sundowners or a braai. Some of the rooms can be made up with twin beds.
Luxury double (1 unit):
Spacious luxury double in the main house with en-suite shower. King size bed can be converted into twin beds. Room leads out to shared patio.
Luxury double with balcony /deck (3 units):
Spacious luxury room with en-suite bathroom with bath and double shower, ideal for those wanting to spoil themselves. Sunny private balcony offers views towards the Knysna Lagoon and Outeniqua Mountains; made to enjoy sundowners! Queen or king size bed which can be made up as twins on request.
Luxury Garden Cottage (1 unit):
Lovely stand-alone thatched cottage, ideal for honeymooners or guests preferring some privacy. It also has a private wooden deck to enjoy the African sunset. Private fireplace, minibar. En-suite shower and toilet.
Family unit (1 unit):
Ideal for families or friends travelling together. Double-bedded room and twin-bedded room sharing bathroom with bath and separate shower. Small TV/living room with sleeper couch opens up to intimate private patio next to the swimming pool / garden.
General guesthouse facilities:
-Lounge with satellite TV
-Shuttle / transfer service
-Telephone / fax service
-Golf club storage & rental
-Booking office / travel desk
-Preferred golf rates at Pezula, Simola, Oubaai and Goose Valley
-Day tours & multiple day tours
-English, Dutch, German, Russian and few words of French spoken