Situated high up on a red sand dune in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, overlooking a waterhole in the dry bed of the ancient Auob River, the Kalahari Tent Camp - Kgalagadi Park welcomes you to capture the spirit of the land of thirst.
This exclusive getaway for the discerning visitor, boasts 15 chalets each elegantly decorated with rustic finishes using wood, sand and canvas exteriors all in the resonant colours of the park.
The tent camp is 5km from the Mata Mata Rest Camp where Kalahari Tent Camp residents can refuel and get basic supplies at the rest camp. The camp is designed in such a way that residents feel they have only themselves and the desert for company.
A swimming pool is available and a waterhole (look-out).
Visitors to Kalahari Tent Camp should please note the following:
- The camp and access road are strictly for the use of its residents only!
- Visitors must supply their own firewood or charcoal
- Visitors must supply their own drinking water
- No fuel and no shop, closet facilities at Mata Mata
Accommodation at Kalahari Tent Camp - Kgalagadi Park:
1 luxury honeymoon desert tent
4 family desert tents (two beds and a stack bed)
10 two-bed desert tents (two of the units have been made accessible to visitors with mobility impairment)
The units have:
- Single beds
- Bathroom with shower, hand basin and Toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, fridge, hot water, cutlery, crockery
- Patio with a braai
- Solar lighting
- Ceiling fan
- Gas for hot water and cooking
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations of National Parks before making a booking.
Cancelling or downgrading of a reservation 45 days or less prior to (or on) arrival will result in cancellation fees according to a sliding scale (based on the total reservation cost) which varies between 50% and 100%.
In the event of a non-arrival, the accommodation will be held until 9:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and the full amount paid for the reservation will be forfeited.
Pay particular attention to deposit due dates provided and keep bank processing delays in mind when considering EFT as payment option. No extension of payment due dates will be granted.
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
- cancellations of 30 days and more from the time of arrival: 100% refund
- cancellations between 29 to 15 days from the time of arrival: 50% of total cost be refunded
- cancellations 14 days or less, a no-show or early departure: 0% refund