Welcome to Johannesburgs premier Guest House!
Still an insider tip for both South African and international travelers, Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg offers guests a luxurious and quiet retreat where they can relax and immerse themselves in an exquisite stylish atmosphere. This unique Guest House focuses on personal service and attention to detail to make every guest feel like royalty.
Idwala Boutique Hotel Johannesburg is situated conveniently in the middle of Johannesburg in the upmarket leafy - green suburb of Darrenwood, away from the hustle and bustle of the large city and yet just a few minutes away from Cresta Centre, one of the largest and most popular shopping centres in Johannesburg.
Rosebank, which has a variety of shops with an international flavour, is not more than ten minutes away, and Sandton - the ever expanding business centre with a treasure trove of boutiques and restaurants - is also within easy reach. The trendy and varied restaurants of Parkhurst and Greenside are only a few minutes drive from Idwala.
In our Restaurant Guests are seated at tables laid with crisp, fresh linen & invited to savour and enjoy superb meals. Idwalas philosophy is to prepare only the freshest local ingredients aiming for a truly culinary experience.
Designed with the latest state-of-the-art technology, built to cater for high quality presentations and meetings for private or corporate functions, Idwalas conference room caters for up to 16 delegates. This upmarket conference venue is the perfect atmosphere for any business occasion such as meetings, training or interviews.
-SPA / Beauty treatments in the privacy of your room
-Lounge, Library, Fireplace
-Splash Pool in the Garden
- 4 weeks prior to arrival - 50% of full amount.
- 2 weeks prior to arrival -100% of full amount.
- All cancellation fees are subject to a 5% handling charge.
- No refunds will be given in the event of non-show or anticipated departures.
From The Oliver Tambo International Airport:
- Take the R24 until you get to the N3, take the N3 Highway (past Linksfield off ramp, Modderfontein, London RD, Marlboro Dr, etc) The N3 will eventually become the N1.
- Take the the Malibongwe Drive (Ex-Hans Strijdom Drive) Off ramp, Turn left on to Malibongwe Drive until you get to Republic RD. Turn Right into Republic and follow all the way down. Cresta Shopping Centre will be on you Right hand side.
- Past Cresta shopping centre and for +/- 1.5km after Cresta you will get to Blanche street. Turn left into Blanche street and follow the road until you get to T-Junction. Idwala is on that T-junction.
Experience supreme comfort in our spacious and luxurious Main House Rooms which are distinguished by their round shape, each with their own individual dcor, colour scheme & character and individually designed en-suite bathrooms.
Pathways lead you from the Main House to the Garden rooms, which are set in the tranquil seclusion of a lush, distinctively landscaped garden. The luxurious Garden Rooms offer their private entrance to guests who want to be able to retire completely from the Main House. All of our Garden Rooms feature air-conditioning.
This beautiful and bright cottage, surrounded by Proteas, the national flower of South Africa, is situated - next to Olive Tree Cottage - in a secluded part of the property. Equipped with its own kitchen for a self-catering option and a cozy sitting area in an open design, it is perfect even for a longer stay.
Olive Tree Cottage:
Surrounded by lush green foliage and Olive Trees, this two-roomed cottage offers a suite-experience to guests who desire the more-than-usual-space. The bedroom is furnished with a dressing table additional to the sitting area.
The separate lounge with its working space and TV Unit is cleverly equipped with a hidden kitchenette for a self-catering option. The lounge suite compromises a comfortable sleeper couch. Olive Tree cottage has its own patio and stunning views onto Northcliff Hill.
In-room features (may vary depending on room type - please confirm on booking)
- Flat Screen TV with DSTV satellite bouquet
- King size extra length mattresses & pillows
- Simmons mattresses
- Finest luxury cotton bedding
- Twin bed options in certain rooms
- Under floor heating
- In-suite telephone
- Electronic safe
- Bedside alarm clock
- Working space with wireless internet access
(alternatively modem cable available)
- Comfortable sitting area
- International electricity adapters
- Guest folder with tourist information
- Tea & coffee tray, fresh fruits, biscuits
- Non-smoking room
En-suite bathroom characteristics:
- Bath & separate super size shower
- Luxurious toweling robes and slippers
- Under tile heating
- Heated towel rails
- Exclusive range of toiletries
- Fresh flowers & candles