offers self-catering accommodation within walking distance from the charming, picturesque, art village of Clarens known as the Jewel of the Free State
where numerous art galleries, shops and restaurants can be explored and enjoyed.
This comfortable and delightful country style house accommodates 8 guests and comprises of 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and provides secure parking for 2 vehicles. The open-plan living area has a cosy, comfortable lounge with a fireplace for those cold winter evenings, and leads out onto a spacious patio. A DSTV premium bouquet package, DVD player and board games are provided for the guest`s entertainment. The kitchen is fully equipped with 2 fridges, microwave oven, electric stove, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, kettle, crockery and cutlery.
Clarens is part of the scenic Maluti Route surrounded by the Rooiberge and the majestic Maluti mountains, with multi-coloured sandstone cliffs which are a unique geological feature of the area. Situated about 20km from the Golden Gate National Park, 40km from Bethlehem and on the most North-Eastern point of the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho it is a comfortable 3 to 4hour drive for artists, photographers, nature lovers and getaway seekers from either Johannesburg, Bloemfontein or Durban.
- 4 Bedrooms (2 Q/beds, 1 D/bed and 2 S/Beds)
- 3 Bathrooms (2 baths and 1 Shower)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Open fireplace (wood)
- Satellite television with full DSTV bouguet
- DVD player
- Various board games
- Braai facilities (Boma and portable)
- Oil heaters and electric blankets
- All linen and towels
- Secure parking in double lockup garage
- Maximum occupancy, 8 guests
- Children welcome under supervision of a minimum of 2 adults
- No smoking
- No pets
- Internal staircase to the upper level bedrooms and bathroom
Hopton House is truly a beautiful and perfect breakaway place for great times with family and friends to experience and gather unforgettable memories.
Accommodation at Hopton House:
Bedrooms 1 and 2 downstairs are each equipped with queen size beds, electric blankets and doors leading out onto the patio. The 2 downstairs bathrooms are not en-suite, the first equipped with a bath, basin and toilet, the second with a shower, basin and toilet.
The upper level comprises of 2 bedrooms sharing the third bathroom that contains a bath, basin and toilet. The third bedroom has a double bed, electric blanket, doors leading onto a Juliet balcony and the fourth bedroom has 2 single beds with electric blankets.
Hopton House Activities: Attractions and activities in and around town:
- Game viewing
- Hiking trails
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking
- River rafting
- Spa facilities
- Tennis and Squash Courts
- Trout fishing
- Golf course (18 holes)
- Historic fossil sites, dinosaur trails and Bushman paintings
Places worth visiting:
- The Golden Gate National Park - 20 km drive
- Lesotho - Afriski - Caledonspoort border post: 30 km drive. Passports are required
- Ficksburg: 60 km drive (Annual Cherry Festival - November)
- Fouriesburg: 30 km drive (Annual Fouriesburg Spring Festival - September)
- Reitz: 80 km drive (Annual Bielie Mielie Festival - February)
Click to display the map