Hippo Pools Resort is situated 22 km from Hoedspruit in the Limpopo province. Five hours drive from Johannesburg; we offer an affordable bushveld getaway, with a range of selfcatering accommodation.
The resort is ideally situated between two Kruger Park gates (Orpen and Phalaborwa), and offers a great base to visit many of the tourist attractions in the area.
Dinners and breakfasts can be arranged at your convenience and served at the Restaurant while snacks are served all day in the Tea garden. In case you forget anything we have a small shop stocking the essentials, wood, Braai Packs, cool drinks, ice-creams etc.
The resort has a large swimming pool, volleyball court and mini put-put course.
Our reception renovation has been completed and our tea garden has opened again. We can offer guests breakfasts and lunches Sundays to Fridays, and should guests want dinner we can arrange it for them this is a 3 course set meal served at the resort - please do give us 24 hours notice. Dinners can be booked for Sundays to Thursdays.
There is DSTV in the main Lounge.
Accommodation at Hippo Pools Resort:
Hippo Pools Resort has a range of selfcatering accommodation.
We provide all the linen except swimming towels. Rooms are serviced daily except Saturdays. Our Peak season is December and January.
Situated on the banks of the Olifants River, nestled under Jackalberry trees the river houses can sleep a maximum of 7 people (non smoking)with:
- Coffee & Tea facilities
- Three seperate bedrooms (two en-suite with shower and bath)
- Third bathroom with shower toilet and basin
- Air conditioned Lounge
- Colour television
- Kitchen with full fridge & freezer, cutlery, crockery, pots, pans, oven, microwave and toaster
- Veranda with Braai Facilities (private)
- Spash Pool
Luxury rondavels (Thatched)
Sleeps a maximum of 2 people offering:
- Queen Bed
- Colour television
- Self catering facilities including microwave
- Shower and toilet
Swimming Pool chalets
Next to the large swimming pool these thatched units sleep a maximum of 2 - 3 people with:
- Double bed & 1 Single bed
- Basic self catering facilities (fridge, hob, pots, pans, crockery etc)
- Colour television
- Shower and Toilet
Budget Family units
Open plan room is equipped for 2-4 people sharing in the same room with
- Double bed and two single beds
- Small kitchenette
- Full bathroom
Budget Room features an air-conditioner, one double and two single beds, basic en-suite bathroom with shower, a kettle with basic tea and coffee is supplied. No self-catering facilities, food can be ordered from the restaurant and enjoyed on the main deck or brought to the room.
Hippo Riverside cottage
Luxury house on the Banks of the Olifants River. Private and tranquil, an ideal spot to watch nature around you.
Minimum 2 nights stay. Sleeps 8 - 10 persons with:
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Full Kitchen
- Private lapa on the riverside
- Satellite Television
Please note rates exclude peak period over December and January.
Functions & Weddings
Our small thatched chapel is situated on the banks of the Olifants river. We cater for small to medium weddings with the service held at the riverside and usually the reception up in the main restaurant, although we have also catered for picnic weddings at the chapel.
Health and Climate:
We advise guests to take precautions against malaria.
The resort is ideally located for day trips to the Kruger park (Orpen or Phalaborwa Gate) and to visit many of the attractions of the area.
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
- Khamai Reptile Park (previously known as Swadini Reptile Park)
- Game Drives
- Bombyx Mori Silk Farm
- White water Rafting
- Balloon Safaris
- Quad Bike Trails
- Boat Trips on the Blyde Canyon Dam
- Day trips to God's Window, the Three ondavels, Bourkes Luck Potholes
- Nyani Tribal Village
- If booking is cancelled less than 48 hours in advance the full value of the booking will be forfeited.
- If booking is cancelled less than 7 days before proposed stay the deposit will be forfeited.
- If the cancellation is made more than 7 days in advance 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Parking (off-street - covered)
Hiking / Walking Trails
Hippo Pools Resort is a Self-Catering, Bed and Breakfast and Holiday Resort in Hoedspruit Limpopo South Africa