Established in 1904, the Himeville Arms Hotel
has long been a famous destination in the Southern Drakensberg.
Situated on the main road in the quaint village of Himeville, it is a pleasant drive on tar. Nestled below the towering Drakensberg mountains, the Himeville Arms, with its Old English charm and decor, welcomes you for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in two star accommodation.
The district is renowned for its natural beauty, trout waters and walks. Guests can enjoy fishing as well as golfing, hiking, horse-riding, tennis, bowls and squash and the famous Sani Pass all nearby.
Accommodation at Himeville Arms Hotel:
Our comfortable en suite rooms are dotted through the beautiful grounds of the hotel. We also have two family suites- two bedroms sharing a bathroom which each sleep four.
We can accommodate a total of 35 persons and are therefore the ideal accommodation for large tour groups. Six fully serviced Back Packer Rooms sleeping 14 persons are also available.
Our dining room and pub provide all meals and cream teas are available in the guest lounge and on the verandah. Come to our quiet country hotel to relax completely! Laze by the pool, enjoy the rich birdlife, and take in the views.
Facilities & Services:
- Mini Golf
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Horse Riding
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Himeville Arms Hotel Activities:
- Sani Pass trips – day trips by 4x4 to top of Drakensberg
- Quad Biking – Adventure trips up the Sani Pass
- Trout & Bass Fishing – licences and guides
- Hiking – guided and unguided trails into the mountains
- Golf – 3 fine golf courses in the area
- Horseriding Trails – Long overnight trails or shorter trails and riding lessons
- River Rafting – Run the rapids of the area when in flood. Summer only
- Tennis – The village tennis courts are situated directly below the hotel
- Bowls – We can arrange this for you
Click to display the map
Himeville Arms Hotel Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 3
Very old, plumbing needs some work. Dripping taps and toilet cistern took a while to fill. Beds very comfy. Breakfast good. Had a lovely stay. Would book it again.
Rating: Reviewed by Mary Kavangh over a year ago
Soap in showers would be nice!
Rating: Reviewed by Brigham Walker over a year ago
I enjoy my stay at this lovely place. People of hotel are very helpful and I felt they are pleased that I was there.
Rating: Reviewed by Peet le Roux over a year ago