Hillside Lodge is a brand new, beautiful lodge with modern finishes and big open windows and doors to invite the bush into the house. The Lodge offers five en-suite bedrooms, open plan kitchen, lounge, dining room and bar area, games room, inside and outside braai/barbecue, private pool and private chef.
Hillside Lodge is situated in the Elements Private Golf Reserve. A stunning, unique golf estate in the bush, located only one and a half hours drive north of Pretoria in the magnificent Waterberg region of the Limpopo Province. The setting for Elements Private Golf Reserve is one of the biggest factors that count in its favour.
In addition to golf and excellent practice facilities, the estate offers mountain bike trails, tennis courts, hiking, game viewing, bird watching, swimming, a spa, conferencing, and a comprehensive food and beverage offering in the club house.
Our facilities are off high standard and offers a relaxing time for everyone that visits. The lodge has 5 beautiful en-suite bedrooms, an open plan kitchen, lounge, dining room and bar area, rounded off with large folding stacking doors to caters for ultimate entertainment.
With a private built in braai/fire place inside the house and a boma outside, you can enjoy the warmth of a fire in all weather conditions. Enjoy a cocktail in the bar or in the private swimming pool with jacuzzi.
The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge, gas stove/oven, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine and ice machine. All linen and towels are also provided.
The setting for Elements Private Golf Reserve is one of the biggest factors that count in its favour.
The surrounding bushveld terrain varies between natural hillsides and open plains, with mountain views and perennial streams. The golf course meanders through a fertile valley of indigenous vegetation and artful landscaping.
The Clubhouse is located on a rise overlooking the golf course from which 11 holes can be seen and offers an unsurpassed view of the course and surrounding landscape. The reception, administrative offices, kids play ground, bar, restaurant and main kitchen areas is located on the upper level. The lower floor houses the locker rooms, half way house, golf shop, spa, conference room and covered patio. A small portion of the restaurant has been cordoned off to create a kids play area. This has become a popular addition to keep the kids occupied while mom and dad are enjoying drinks in the bar or a meal in the restaurant. It has play tables, ball games and even a full size pool table for the older kids and young adults.
In addition to golf and excellent practice facilities, the estate offers mountain bike trails, tennis courts, hiking, game viewing, bird watching, swimming, a spa, conferencing, and a comprehensive food and beverage offering in the clubhouse.
Hillside Lodge wants everyone to have a wonderful, relaxing time in the bush, however, we do share the farm with a number of other houses and therefore we have to comply to the rules of the reserve. Please consider other people and the animals before making a noise or playing loud music, everyone is in the bush to relax and to enjoy the quietness and tranquility of the Bushveld.
- No smoking inside the house or rooms.
- No feeding of animals.
- No littering
The Waterberg Region has many stunning natural attractions and because it is only one and a half hours drive from Pretoria, it is the perfect home for the Elements Private Golf Reserve development.
Vast, peaceful and incredibly beautiful, the Bushveld region of the Limpopo Province is a fascinating destination with a rich cultural legacy and a natural splendour that appeals particularly to those in need of a place to unwind. With this landscape, Elements Private Golf Reserve will soon become one of the premier golf developments in the Limpopo Province and indeed even South Africa.
The magnificent diversity of the Waterberg is evident both in the natural environment, which incorporates a range of habitats, and in the facilities and attractions available. The region boasts an abundance of wildlife, including the Big Five, and many eco-tourism adventure opportunities. Another attraction of the region is that it is malaria free.
Hillside Lodge has all the kitchen accessories, including barbecue utensils and grids, crockery and cutlery, wood, ice, linen and towels
What you should bring with:
- All your food (for self-catering, with full board you don’t need to bring any food)
- All beverages, including alcoholic beverages (at the Golf clubhouse and restaurant you can enjoy refreshments)
- Clothes warm and cold. Bring a jacket for the evenings around the boma fire
- Hiking shoes and hat
- Golf clubs and clothes
The Waterberg District is a malaria free district, no need for any malaria medication. The farm is about 22km from the nearest town, Bela Bela, should you need any medical attention.
Summer seasons can be very hot, make sure to bring sunscreen
In winter we mostly have lovely hot days, the evenings and mornings can be very chilly though, therefore, down forget a warm jacket
Autumn and Spring are the best seasons to visit our farm. The days are lovely, warm and sunny with occasional seasonal thunderstorms in the afternoon. The evenings and mornings are a little bit chilly but not too much. A light jacket will do the trick.
- Driving Range, Chipping Range and Putting Green
- Self-drive Game Viewing
- Mountain Bike Trail
- Bird Watching
- Star gazing
Enjoy the following activities in the area:
- 9 / 18 Hole Golf at Zebula / Koro Creek
- 9 / 18 Hole Golf at Euphoria / Legends Golf and Safari Resort
- Guided Game Drives at Zebula / Mabula / Mabalingwe
- Geluksfontein Cheese Farm
- Horse Riding at Lábri / Thandile Country Lodge
- Hydro Spa at Warmbaths Forever Resort
- Zebula Spa
- Lunch at the Shack
- Craft Beer and Pizza at Lábri
- Crocodile Farm at Thaba Kwena
- Zipline at Thaba Monate
- Elephant Interaction at Adventures with Elephants
- FeraCare Wildlife Centre
- Lunch or Dinner at Shangri La Country House
- Hiking Trails at Bateleur Nature Reserve
- 100% deposit back with cancellation 30 days or more before arrival date.
- 50% deposit back 2 to 4 weeks before arrival date.
- No deposit back 0 to 2 weeks before arrival date.
From Pretoria / JohannesburgHead North on the N1 Polokwane Highway.Pass through 2 toll gates .+/- 50 km after Carousel plaza, take the Warmbaths turnoff (exit 238) R516 and turn left towards Warmbaths. (This is the second offramp that says Warmbaths, the first says Settlers, Coddrington & Warmbaths. DO NOT take this one)Come to a T-Junction (De Dekke in front of you) – turn right (go over a small bridge)1st traffic light turn left.Follow this Road – turns sharp right then hits the main road, (Standard bank in front of you) turn left here.Forever Resorts Entrance on left. Pass through stop street and +/- 50m further turn right into Grobbelaar Street (Alma Road).Go straight on that road past Warmbaths dam on left. +/- 8km of tar road and then 7km dirt road. Follow the signs.Dirt road– Take first turn off to the left (signposted), drive +/- 5km and Elements will be on your right hand side.
NB: THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE LEAVING GAUTENG OR ANY OTHER CENTRE OF CIVILISATIONThe dirt road leading to Elements is poorly maintained. Avoid bringing luxury vehicles with low-profile tyres and limited ground clearance. The road is still accessible with Hatchback or Sedan vehicles but take it easy.
Hillside lodge offers all the benefits of a self-catering unit should you wish to rent it as self-catering, however, we do have a full time chef with a full board option, at a per person sharing rate. Should you choose this option, children under the age of 12 will stay for free. Should you choose the self-catering option, all children are included in the unit price per night.
Hillside Lodge features:
- Sleeps up to 16 adults or 10 adults and 6 kids. Beds can all be single beds or changed into king size beds.
- 5 x luxury air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. 5th bedroom is a spacious, closed loft with own bathroom and balcony with air conditioning
- Open plan, lounge, dining room and bar area.
- Large stack away glass stacking doors overlooking the exquisite view of the golf course.
- An open plan “state of the art” kitchen.
- Architectural designed boma and swimming pool with seated Jacuzzi area.
- Luxury leather couches and solid wood dining table, pool table, air hockey and table tennis.
- Fully furnished, television in the main building and by the bar area with full DStv, Ice machine, fridge, microwave oven, gas stove/oven.
- All cutlery, crockery and linen included.
- Huge deck with sun loungers.
4 bedrooms with King size beds, 2 of them with lofts with 2 single beds, loft room with 4 single beds. All the beds can be single or changed into King size. 5 bathrooms all en-suite.