Grand Dédale, located close to Wellington at the foot of the Bainskloof Pass, offers its guests an exclusive brand of elegant country house living, on a par with the best privately owned country houses in Europe.
The renovation of the deluxe facility, formerly the Doolhof Manor House, situated on Doolhof Wine Estate, with sweeping views of the valley, Groenberg, Limietberge and Hawekwa mountains, has been completed in September 2009.
At Grand Dédale, South African and international guests will be able to enjoy sumptuous comfort, discreet service and complete privacy in six individually designed and appointed en-suite bedrooms, or in the separate thatched stone cottage, amidst beautiful scenery.
- Tea lounge
- Sitting room with fireplace
- TV lounge with international channels
- Dining room
- Large veranda overlooking the valley
- Al fresco dining
- Three self-service residents’ bar fridges
- Outdoor kitchen with gourmet braai facilities
- 15 x 3 metre salt water pool & loungers
- Extensive, landscaped gardens
- Wireless internet connection throughout
- On-site laundry service
- Valet parking
- Spa room offering various beauty, wellness and non-surgical rejuvenating treatments
- Concierge service including assistance with air & ground travel plans and reservations of tours, transfers, car hire, restaurants etc.
- Airport transfers will be arranged with pleasure: you will be collected in an air-conditioned, spacious vehicle or, why not shorten your trip and take a helicopter?
For your in-room comfort and entertainment all our rooms offer the following:
- Tea & coffee facility
- Electronic safe
- Wireless internet connection
- Under-tile heating
- Two heated towel rails
- Twin basin
- Shower & free standing bath
- High quality 720 g towels
- Velour bathrobes
- Luxury amenities
- Remote telephone for internal and external calls
- Complimentary fruit basket and fresh flowers
•- Imported, allergy-free down duvets and pillows (fine fibre pillows are available on request).
Grand Dedale Country House Activities:
The vast Estate offers a wide range of outdoor activities such as walking, hiking, mountain biking and horse riding. For a leisurely stroll choose the River Walk, a path of about 2 km winding along the river bank with three pedestrian bridges crisscrossing the river.
For the more active hiker, there is a 10 km Vineyard Walk which will lead you past all our noble grape varieties and reveals the most beautiful views of all the mountain ranges surrounding us.
Or why not hike up to the top of Bainskloof Pass from which you can enjoy the most scenic views over the entire Estate? The wild life on the Estate includes small mammals, like buck, porcupine, baboons and even Cape leopards have been spotted.
Alternatively, the Limietberg Nature Reserve which is only 10 minutes drive from the Estate offers 9 different hiking trails through fynbos rich areas which are interrupted by clear rock pools giving hikers the opportunity to cool off.
Click to display the map