Gordons Bay Guest House, an oasis of calm in the stunning Helderberg region.
Situated on a glorious False Bay mountain slope with breathtaking views of the sea and the world famous Table Mountain. With its Mediterranean style and African vibe, this enchanting secret of the sub continent is also home to arguably the worlds best sunsets.
Described by many as not merely a Guest House, but a real home from home, this South African tourist board accredited 3 star venue, is the perfect venue for business people, couples and families.
All our seven bedrooms are air conditioned and have en-suite shower rooms (two with baths). Gordons Bay Guest House offers a particularly welcoming atmosphere and is incomparably charming. Guest House Owners, Jim and Christine Whitehall and Joy Malin will be on hand to assist with your every need and inevitable holiday questions!
Guests will be able to spend some quite time in one of the two comfortable lounges equipped with terrace, real wood fire and bar. In addition, the second floor provides a majestic sea and mountain view across the bay, the perfect hideaway to indulge in sun-lounger life!
The swimming pool, Jacuzzi and braai area are wonderful places in which to cool down and relax.
South Africa is home to some of the worlds finest beaches. Within walking or driving distance, kilometers of beach invite you to relax, sail, surf or for the adventurous go shark cage diving!
From August through to October the Southern Right Whale makes its entrance into False Bay, providing holidaymakers and locals with the chance to view these quite magnificent creatures from the coastline itself. The region is one of only 2 places on earth one can witness these awe-inspiring creatures from land! Guests can even see them from the Guest House balconies!
One can also easily reach several attractions such as the wine region of Stellenbosch, Constantia and Franschhoek, Table Mountain National Park, The Cape of Good Hope, Cape Town metropole along with restaurants, shopping and nightlife to rival anywhere in the world.
The Gordons Bay beaches, restaurants and bars are only a few minutes walk away. The seaside village also has two working harbours, home to a number of fine yachts and sailing crafts.
For golfing enthusiasts, the Helderberg region provides a number of world class courses - Erinvale, Stellenbosch & Strand are excellent courses.
Gordons Bay is only 25 minutes from Cape Town International Airport and is perfectly situated to explore the surrounding mountains and breathtaking scenery.
Each of our rooms have been tastefully decorated and have their own separate entrance and balcony/decking area.
All rooms are air-conditioned and are equipped with a fridge, television, hair-dryer, safe, fan and tea/coffee making facilities:
Africa Suite: An exceptionally large room with queen size bed and seating area which includes a
sleeper couch. It has a large en-suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and separate toilet.
- The Africa Suite has its own decking area (a perfect sun trap) and is just a few steps away from the
swimming pool, jacuzzi house and lapa area.
Seaview Suite: A lovely room with two x three quarter beds (to be placed together to form a large king size bed) plus seating area and en-suite shower room. The Seaview Suite has a balcony area which enjoys views over False Bay to Table Mountain.
- Mountain View Room: This room has a queen size bed plus en-suite bathroom with bath, separate shower plus separate toilet. It has a balcony/decking area which enjoys view towards the beautiful Helderberg/ Hottentot Holland Mountains.
- Cape Room: A lovely twin bedded room the very large walk-in shower/wet room. The Cape Room has a decking
area (a perfect out of the way spot for sunbathers).
- Garden View Room (1) This room has queen size bed plus en-suite shower room. It also has its own decking area looking to the gardens and the Helderberg / Hottentot Holland Mountains.
- Garden View Room (2) This room also has a queen size bed plus a three quarter bed and is ideal as a double room or family room (an additional charge is made for a third person). As with each of the garden view rooms it has a decking area looking out towards the gardens and surrounding mountains.
- Garden View Room (3). This economy room has queen size bed plus en-suite shower room.
A full English and buffet style breakfast breakfast is included in our prices (served between 8.00 am and 9.30 am daily).
Gordons Bay Guest House Activities:
We have a swimming pool, thatched jacuzzi house and lappa with built in spit-braai on site.
Click to display the map