Occupying a prime location in Pietermaritzburg, the beautiful Victorian capital of KwaZulu-Natal South Africa, Gecko Hill is an extremely popular bed and breakfast / self catering destination.
Situated a mere 600 metres from the popular Cascades shopping centre and Virgin Active Gym, in the leafy northern suburb of Montrose, and less than 5 minutes drive to the Liberty Midlands Mall and the N3 highway, our locality appeals to businesses, tourists and athletes alike. We are also 1 km from Greys hospital.
World class mountain bike trails are on our doorstep while the start of the internationally acclaimed Comrades Marathon and the Duzi Canoe Marathon are a few minutes drive away. The theme at Gecko Hill is rustic African in keeping with our thriving indigenous garden.
Guests are assured of a comfortable, peaceful stay with a personal yet non-intrusive touch. We encourage guests to relax and appreciate the garden, bird life and lovely views of the forested hills overlooking the Montrose valley.
We also offer discounted rates for longer stays.
Facilities and Services:
- Serviced Daily, except some Saturdays and Sundays and public holidays
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Secure Off-Street Parking
- Remote Controlled Access
- DSTV hospitality package
- Private Patios And Entrances
- Hospitality Tray
- Bar Fridge, Microwave, Gas hob in 2 units, Kettle, Toaster, Crockery, Cutlery
Accommodation at Gecko Hill:
Stinkwood Cottage has a comfortable en-suite bedroom with double bed and built-in cupboards, with a large bathroom with new walk in shower. It has a fully equipped kitchenette with gas hob and a desk/table to work or eat.
Has an open plan bedroom, lounge, dining area and kitchen. The bedroom area has king size bed or 2 single beds on request. A third bed doubles up as a couch and is ideal for a child. The lounge area has a television and a comfy couch. There is a bathroom leading off the bedroom, with a large walk in shower.
An en suite bedroom with a queen-size bed, the Aloe Suite has a lovely view of the indigenous garden and the forested hills over the valley. This room is equipped for light self-catering. Television, bar fridge, microwave toaster, crockery and cutlery provided.
An ideal overnight room, which has a double bed, shower, basin and toilet plus a tea/coffee station, bar fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and some crockery and cutlery.
1 king size bed or 2 single beds and a daybed in the lounge, fully equipped kitchenette with gas hob and large bathroom with walk in shower. Couch in sitting area. Minimum stay 2 nights.
Queen bed, sleeps 2 people, full bathroom and beautiful view of the indigenous garden to the hills beyond. Semi self catering with bar fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster etc. Minimum stay 2 nights.
Sagewood is a new unit with a queen size bed, bathroom with shower, small kitchenette and a desk where 2 people can sit comfortably. No cooker, only microwave. Minimum stay 2 nights.
1 double bed in main room, fully equipped kitchenette with gas hob, and lovely large bathroom with new walk in shower. Minimum stay 2 nights.
- In the event of premature departure, we may charge for the full original booking.
- Cancellation 0 to 7 days before date of arrival, or no-show: visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid
- Cancellation 7 to 14 days before date of arrival: visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid
- Cancellation 14 to 21 days before date of arrival: visitor forfeits 60% of deposit paid
- Cancellation 21+ days before date of arrival: visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid
- Pass the village of Hilton on the N3 highway. As you descend TOWN HILL turn left onto the PETER BROWN OFFRAMP. At the T-junction turn left into PETER BROWN DRIVE.
- After a short drive, turn right into FRANCIS STANILAND. Continue descending for about 2km to the T-junction at the end of Francis Staniland.
- Turn left into NEDEN ROAD. Be prepared to turn almost immediately right into the driveway of 7 NEDEN ROAD [GECKO HILL] recognised by the white gates and a green sign on a face brick wall showing a white gecko.