Tucked away in the Sabie River Valley amongst indigenous forests and set in beautiful garden surroundings, Gecko Backpackers is situated 12km from the Kruger Park`s Phabeni Gate and 50km from God`s Window.
This is an ideal base from which to explore the Kruger National Park or Lowveld Panorama.
Owner managed with the emphasis on tranquillity, comfort, quality service and good food, Gecko Backpackers offers the guest an escape from modern urban living.
We offer personal attention and service with a smile in short, “value for money” even for a relaxing family holiday at affordable rates.
- Splash Pool for hot days
- Restaurant (at the Lodge) offers 3 course home cooked dinners.
- Coffee shop, for your snack during the day, a cold drink or coffee / tea, the coffee shop also includes a small curio shop!
- Fireplace and outside Sitting area with pool table, where you can join us and discuss your day or you can just relax!
- Gecko Lodge is situated within walking distance on the same property as Gecko Backpackers. Gecko Lodge offers everything from an-suite double rooms, to family rooms.
- A small conference facility for max 30 guests
- We have an ideal Wedding venue, with our own Chapel!
We are offering up to 40 beds in various different rooms/dormitories. From twin rooms to 12 bed dormitories, and also camp sites.
Each Room has its own character and each room is individually decorated, where the focus is on Guest Comfort.
Gecko Backpackers Hazyview Activities:
Numerous activities, for both the adventurous as well those seeking something more sedate, are available within close proximity to Gecko Lodge.
We can arrange any one of the following for our guests:
- Sky Way Trails, Africa’s Longest Arial Cable! The start point is at Gecko Lodge and we are offering a 10% Discount to our guests, staying at Gecko Lodge or Gecko Backpackers, and booking at our reception!
- Tree Top Challenge, a new adventures, great for Teambuilding and Families. This “adventure” also starts at Gecko Lodge and we are offering a 10% Discount to our guests, staying at Gecko Lodge or Gecko Bushpackers, and booking at our reception!
- Kruger park
Click to display the map
Gecko Backpackers Hazyview Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
The host was very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The vibe of the place was awesome.
Rating: Reviewed by Madison Heppe over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Gecko Backpackers Hazyview:
Accommodation options within 8km from Gecko Backpackers Hazyview include:
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
Luxury Accommodation in Hazyview, Mpumalanga This prestigious Guest Lodge is situated 1 km outside Hazyview on the Sabie Road, in the heart of Mpumalanga, home of the Kruger National Park. South African and German ownership.
Thirty hectares of pristine indigenous forest with amazing bird life, view of the Sabi Valley, foothills and escarpment of the Drakensberg and across the low veld to well within the Kruger National Park.
Perched High on the hilltops to the west just outside Hazyview, you will find a little hideaway called Eagle's Nest Chalets. 20 km from the Kruger National Park (Phabeni gate). Set on 65 Hectares of pristine indegenous bush-land.
A perfect setting in the heart of scenic Mpumalanga, the luxurious aha Casa do Sol Hotel Hazyview is located next to the Elephant Sanctuary and offers pristine pools, deeply shaded glades and lush flower gardens.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Nestled on 100 ha in a secluded valley near Hazyview in Mpumalanga province 17 km from the world famous Kruger National Park, Summerfields Rose Retreat and Spa comprises a lodge, spa and restaurant, set on Summerfields Rose Farm.