GAP LODGE guest house accommodation is nestled on the slopes of Table Mountain in the heart of Cape Town City Centre, in Tamboerskloof.
This Tamboerskloof Guest House offers three well furnished en-suite bedrooms, each individually decorated, each with an en-suite shower and toilet, dual air-conditioning (heating and cooling), digital safe, a hairdryer and TV with M-Net. All bed linen is 100% percale cotton for your comfort.
Enjoy your breakfast with freshly brewed coffee and tea on the terrace, while watching the squirrels frolicking in the trees. This property has a fantastic green leafy outlook and one cannot believe that it is so centrally situated.
The convenience of staying within easy walking distance of trendy and vibrant Kloof and Long Streets, with their many shops, restaurants(25), internet caf`s and cinema`s. The V&A Waterfront, the city centre, Cape Town International Convention Centre and the beautiful Clifton and Camps Bay beaches are all 5 - 10 minutes away. Gap Lodge offers luxurious guest house comfort in the heart of Cape Town with Table Mountain virtually at our back door.
-Shark cage diving (2 hours)
-Walk up Lion's Head (5 mins)
-Explore the Winelands (1 hour)
-Take the ferry to Robben Island
-Browse at Greenmarket Square (5 mins)
-Take the Cable Car up Table Mountain (5 mins)
-Visit the penguins at the Boulders (30 mins)
-Take a trip to Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point (45 mins)
-Go on a safari and see Africa's Big 5 (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant & rhino) (2 hours drive from Cape Town)
We have three well furnished en-suite bedrooms, each individually decorated.
En-Suite Room Facilities:
- Top quality matresses
- En-suite shower and toilet
- Dual air-conditioning (heating and cooling)
- Digital safe
- TV with M-Net
- 100% percale cotton bed linen
Directions from N1:
- Proceed South west on the N1 to the first set of traffic lights you encounter which is the City / Sea point / Waterfront intersection.
- When you reach this first set of traffic lights, you are facing Table Mountain with the Waterfront entrance on your right. This is the start of Buitengracht Street (M62).
- Drive up Buitengracht street (M62) direction Camps Bay and Table Mountain and Cable Car Station. Buitengracht Street becomes New Church Street (one way) towards the Mountain and then the Kloof Nek Road.
- Drive along Kloof Nek Road until you reach Newport Street (just after the Kloof Nek Superette on the left look out for large Coca Cola Bottle). Turn left into Newport Street, GAP Lodge is the first house on the right hand side (no. 13 Newport Street) on the corner of Newport and Kloof Nek roads.