Free-at-Last Klein Karoo Health Farm - It is a place where we grow our own veggies and eat a primarily gluten-free, organic and plant-based diet. We believe that our food is our medicine and that we must take good care of our physical bodies.
We live off-the-grid and bake our meals in a sun oven and a wood fired barrel oven. We drink ozonated rain water and use earth water for our household and garden. Solar panels generate our electricity and gas geysers heat our water.
We also nourish our souls and spirits with the knowledge of something Greater than we can filter through our five senses. We see the Hand of the Divine work in profound and mysterious ways and it unfailingly leaves us beaming and catching our breaths!
Our farm is also a place where we embrace the heart and beauty of our beloved Klein Karoo with its sprawling veld, succulent-rich koppies and majestic mountains.
There is more. Our farm is a place where humour abounds and where laughter lurks around every corner. It is a place where we make music, play piano, strum guitars, devour informative videos and literature and explore our passions for photography and creative writing.
Where we dance on our Karoo-koppies and jog along the trails of the wild zebras, hartebeest, bokkies, baboons and monkeys that freely roam our property. It is where we behold the daily kaleidoscope of jaw-dropping sunrises, sunsets and starlit night skies. Where we engage in soul talk, and lose and find ourselves in transcending self-reflections and meditations.
Where we wake up and go to bed knowing that we are touched, blessed and uniquely special. Where we are surprised with the unexpected in the most amazing ways and where we know that we have a calling and a mission to fulfil and that the best is still to come.
In room facilities:
- Wi-Fi reception in Windmill View
- Wi-Fi reception in shared public space
- Off-grid and solar powered
- Ozonated drinking water on request
- Portable fan on request
- Health drinks and snacks @-our-kitchen-door tuck shop (Kombucha, power teas and more)
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Gas heated bathroom water
- Two-burner kitchen gas stove
- House-keeping by arrangement
- Personal laundry service by arrangement
- Linen, blankets and towels are provided
- The kitchenettes are equipped with basic cutlery, crockery and kitchenware
Unique, striking and imposing! Stonehenge, with its double bed and bunk-bed, has emerged out of the stones like a Phoenix! The once “bok-kraal” now stands proud offering an old style stay as close to nature as can be achieved.
Comfortable and cozy, with a double bed and one bunk-bed, Windmill View offers a view over the koppies of the Klein Karoo looking west with a full view of a windmill silhouetted against the setting sun.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
Head northwest toward Car rental returns
1 min (240 m)
Take R62 to R323
2 hr (172 km)
Continue on R323 to your destination
9 min (10.2 km)
Free-at-Last Klein Karoo Health Farm