Franks Bush Camp is situated on Guernsey Private Nature Reserve, surrounded by the African Bush. The camp consists of 5 thatched en-suite chalets and 4 thatched cabins with outdoor showers. A communal lounge and dining room with a fireplace for cold evenings, provide the ideal setting to get to know fellow guests.
Scrumptious breakfast and dinners are served, and special events are catered for. The outside bar-area and boma with campfire allows for the opportunity to relax under the African stars while listening to the sounds of the night or recalling the day’s events with friends.
The splash pool is just the right place to cool off during the hot summer days, whilst watching the wild game wandering through camp.
Facilities and Services:
- Roof fan
- Coffee/Tea maker
- Braai Area
- Outdoor Pool
- Free parking
- Laundry Service
- Swimming Pool
Situated in the heart of the South African Wildlife Tourism Hotspot, Franks Bush Camp is close enough for easy reach to most tourism destinations in the area, while still providing the authentic bush experience. The camp is situated in the Lowveld area with its warm, subtropical climate close to the town of Hoedspruit. It forms part of the Guernsey Private Nature Reserve, and several game species are present on the Reserve, including Zebra, Giraffe, Buffalo, Greater Kudu, and Spotted Hyena. African Wild dogs are also frequently seen on the Reserve. The Reserve boasts beautiful indigenous Savanna trees like Marula, Tamboti and Buffalo Thorn, and they provide an ideal habitat for smaller mammals like bushbabies and a variety of bird species. Our Birdhide is situated next to a waterhole, and Green-backed Night Herons and Little Grebes are some of the birds that can be seen here. The calls of Fish Eagles, Fiery Nightjars, Greyheaded Bush-shrikes and Black-collared Barbets ensure that there is a continuous symphony of sound around camp. Birdwatchers don’t even have to venture out of camp to tick of a large number of the over 400 bird species found in the region.Attractions in the area includes Kruger National Park, Wildlife and Rehabilitation Centres, the Panorama Route, Hiking trails and Adventure Activities.
* Kruger National Park (Half or Full day Safari)
* Panorama Route (Bourke’s Luck Potholes, Echo Caves, Three Rondavel
* God’s Window, Waterfalls)
* Hoedspruit Reptile Park
* Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
* Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
* Blyde River Adventure Centre (Boat trip, Quad Biking, Hiking, Tubing)
* Sandringham Game Reserve
* Buffalo Land Game Reserve
* Hot Air Ballooning
* Bridge Swinging
* Canopy Tours
Take precautions against malaria.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
* Cardholder & ID/Passport is required at check-in / preferably prior to arrival
* Credit card used for online payment to be present at check-in
* Check-in time: 14:00 to 19:00.
* Check out time: 10:00.
Children aged between 0 and 3 stay free. Children aged between 4 and 11 pay 50% of the sharing rate