Felsensicht is an ultra-modern, luxury holiday home with stunning sea views superbly situated near Boulders Beach, Simons Town and is ideal for families.
It is a large, attractive & wonderfully comfortable home with a 180 view of False Bay from Muizenberg in the north to Cape Point in the south. It is beautifully furnished with all mod cons & is fully equipped.
We are a self-catering establishment sleeping a maximum of 6 persons in 2 double rooms & 1 twin room. We have two bathrooms, one of which is en-suite with exquisite views over the Bay.
Stunning sea-facing patios allow for sunbathing, outdoor dining, whale spotting or relaxing & enjoying the glorious view. A Jetmaster fireplace & underfloor heating ensure comfort and warmth on cool winter nights. Internet hotspots are installed throughout the house for the convenience of our guests.
We have two secure lock-up garages & a security company looks after the safety of our home and guests. We offer a complimentary cleaning service once a week. Please note we are a non-smoking establishment.
The house is a 2-minute walk from Fisherman`s Beach (which has good boogie boarding or sea kayaking, depending on sea conditions) and a 20-minute walk from the world famous penguins at Boulders Beach.
Large double garage, storage area.
Open plan kitchen/dining-room/lounge area; glass top stove with conventional oven; microwave oven; fridge-freezer; Jetmaster fireplace; DSTV; music system; underfloor heating and excellent view of the ocean whilst preparing meals or dining.
Also a guest toilet; scullery with washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer; large outdoor sea-facing patio area with deckchairs, sun umbrella, outdoor dining table and chairs, and Weber for braaiing and outdoor washing line area.
There is an indigenous sloping garden area in front of, behind, and above the house.
Main bedroom with bathroom en-suite (bath and shower); queen size double bed; desk with mirror; small table with two comfortable armchairs; bedside lamps; large dressing room with built in safe.
Second bedroom with double bed; built in cupboard; chest of drawers; bedside lamps; desk and chair.
Third bedroom with two single beds; two built in cupboards; comfortable armchair; bedside lamps; bookcase.
Second bathroom with bath and shower.
Sea-facing patio area with exquisite views serving all bedrooms (best views in the house, especially with a cup of coffee in hand early in the morning). Upper floor area carpeted with underfloor heating in passage and bathrooms.
Children are welcome.We have a camp cot with mattress and bedding for your little one should he/she be less than 2 years of age.
A refundable "breakages/loss" deposit is required (between R2000 and R5000 depending on the length of stay). This deposit is payable when settling the final booking payment. It is kept in trust and reimbursed approximately one week after departure, following a satisfactory inventory count.
* The Simon's Town waterfront is an extremely attractive area with a number of small boutiques selling clothing, artistic items, bric a brac and souvenirs.
* There is an excellent choice of restaurants within walking and /or driving distance of Felsensicht
* Simon's Town is well known for its Naval Museum, Toy Museum and Simon's Town Cultural Museum.
* The Scratch Patch where one can 'scratch' for a wide variety of beautiful gemstones.
* Boulders Beach where visitors can enjoy seeing and photographing the many penguins who have taken up residence here.
* Fisherman's Beach is a mere 2 minute walk from our holiday home
* Sporting activities in and around the Simon's Town area include swimming, body-boarding, surfing, windsurfing, sea kayaking, scuba diving, big game and shore fishing, yachting, golf, squash and bowls, birding, boat trips out to sea and cycling.
Places of Interest in the Cape Peninsula
* A visit to the Victoria and Albert Waterfront in Cape Town is a must
* A trip up Table Mountain in the cable car.
* A visit to the world renowned Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
* The Cape Point Nature reserve is a very popular destination. Once at Cape Point, one can take the funicular up to the lighthouse and enjoy the glorious view of both the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
* Enjoy a day out in the wine lands, sampling the excellent Cape Wines in the Stellenbosch, Swellendam, Paarl or Franschoek areas.
The master bedroom leads out onto the upper patio which has a fabulous view of the ocean. The room has a queen sized double bed, 2 pedestals with lamps, a table with lamp and 2 comfortable arm chairs, a desk with mirror, a footstool, 2 luggage racks, wash basket, 3 sets of built-in cupboards, full length mirror, digital safe, bathroom en suite with exquisite views of the Bay, bath, shower, vanity unit with 2 hand basins, 2 large mirrors and WC.
The middle bedroom also leads out onto the upper patio with beautiful ocean views. There is a double bed, 2 pedestals with lamps, desk and chair, additional lamp, built in cupboard, chest of drawers, wall mirror, full length mirror and wash basket.
The twin bedroom also leads out onto the upper patio with glorious sea views. There are 2 single beds, 2 pedestals with lamps, 2 built in cupboards, a large and exceedingly comfortable armchair, full length mirror, small bookcase and wash basket.
The 2nd bathroom across the passage upstairs serves the middle and twin bedrooms. There is a bath, shower, vanity with hand basin and WC.
There is a guest WC downstairs in the living area with WC and vanity with hand basin.
Directions from Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 towards Cape Town.At De Waal Drive, bear left.Go towards Kirstenbosch and Muizenberg.This becomes the Blue Route (M3).
- At the end of the Blue Route, turn left at the T-junction and 500m further on, turn right.Keep going straight through Muizenberg, St James, Kalk Bay, Fish Hoek, Glen Cairn and Simons Town.
- Take the coast road from Simon's Town, travelling south towards Cape Point. After approximately 2.2 km, you will see the Boulders Beach turnoff to the left and the Simon's Town Country Club on the right. Continue for 800m past Oatlands and the Cape Times Fresh Air Camp on the right.
- Turn 45 right into Valley Road which climbs steeply for 50m. Turn first right into Arum Road and 30m further on, you will find number 10 (Felsensicht) on the left.
* 10 Arum Road, Murdoch Valley North, Simon's Town.