Ex Deo Cottage is a cottage nestled in the unspoilt bush surrounds of the Marloth Park Conservancy which is a wildlife sanctuary and holiday town.
Marloth Park is located on the banks of the Crocodile River, between Malelane and Komatipoort and is separated by the River from the world-famous Kruger National Park. Visitors can watch spectacular wildlife from the lookout points or as they walk along the flow of the river.
Accommodation at Ex Deo Cottage:
The cottage features:
- 10 min from Kruger National Park
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Fully air-conditioned
- Full satellite television
- Fresh linen & bath linen provided
- Splash pool
- Boma fireplace
- Undercover braai/BBQ area
- Covered parking
- 24-hour armed response available
All rooms and the open plan kitchen/living area are air-conditioned. The living area has a television with full DStv. Guests can relax in the splash pool on warm summer days or enjoy a braai in the covered lapa area or the open boma fireplace.
There are short meandering pathways on the property, which allow the bird and nature lovers to stroll away and enjoy the surroundings. There are no fences between the properties and wildlife roam freely. Giraffe, zebra, kudu, wildebeest, impala, warthog, baboon and vervet monkeys, as well as other small game, birds and reptiles can all be spotted. Many of these animals will visit you frequently.
This comfortable fully equipped cottage sleeps up to eight guests and comprises two bedrooms (one is en-suite), two loft rooms, two bathrooms, a large open kitchen and living area. The upstairs wooden loft rooms each features two single beds.
Local restaurants, bars, shops and child playgrounds are easily accessible. The close-by Bush Centre and Marlothi Centre includes a restaurant and sports bar, a swimming pool, a convenience shop, a bottle store, and a butchery. There is a service station down the road.
Other Restaurants nearby - Phumula Lodge, Jabula Lodge, Die Watergat and Ngwenya Parkview Restaurant.
At Marlothi Trading Post, the Mini Supermarket and "Snack bar" will cater for all your self-catering needs. Further down the road at the Bush Centre is another supermarket to cater for all your requirements.
Banking: There is a Standard Bank ATM at Marlothi Centre down the road. Alternatively, Komatipoort and Malelane will fulfill your needs in banking facilities.
- Crocodile Gate to Kruger National Park 10 km (Game drives, Bush Walks)
- Malelane Gate to Kruger National Park 36 km (Game drives, Bush Walks)
- Skukuza Park inside Kruger National Park 80 km
- Mozambique Border Post 85 km (craft markets, architecture, history, African/Portuguese cuisine)
- Sudwala Caves outside Nelspruit 150 km
- Nelspruit Botanical Gardens 100 km
- Nearest Casino - Nelspruit 100 km
- Bourkes Luck Potholes/Gods Window/Three Sisters etc 250 km
- Tiger fishing near Komatipoort 12 km
- Elephant Sanctuary/Riding at Treestoo 20 km
- Swaziland (tribal dancing, bushman paintings, crafts, culture, nature, wildlife)
- 4 x 4 Trail - Mpumalanga - Komatipoort - Lebombo 4x4 Trail
- Golf Courses can be found at Malelane Golf, Komati Golf, and Leopard creek
- Samora Machel Monument
- Microlight - Komatipoort - at Fun2Fly
- Matsamo Cultural Village at Jeppes Reef
(Please note that the distances mentioned above are only guidelines)
Full payment is required a month before arrival. If full payment is not received the booking will be cancelled. If a cancellation is done within a month of arrival the deposit is forfeited. Bookings within the same month, full payment is due 72 hours after booking date. In the event of early departure, full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged. In case of a cancellation and costs were incurred, the costs will be deducted from the refundable amount.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - covered)
Petrol on site
Tourism Information Desk
Communal Satellite TV
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
Ex Deo Cottage is a Self-Catering in Marloth Park Mpumalanga South Africa