Esiweni Lodge is a hidden jewel in one of the most beautiful private reserves in South Africa.
Here you will enjoy the peace and serenity of the great outdoors, comfort and privacy in your suite, the traditional French savoir vivre, dining under the stars, gazing out over the world from your panoramic terrace overlooking the Sunday River and encounter the big five accompanied by your Ranger.
At Esiweni Lodge you will have a unique experience in the heart of the Zulu land with your family or friends, conveniently located only 3 and a half hours by car from the International Airport of Johannesburg. Esiweni, a dream lodge, for an unforgettable one on one with nature.
Esiweni is an exclusive and luxurious African lodge nestled at the top of a cliff. We welcome you and provide you with personalized service to discover one of the most beautiful safaris of South Africa.
Situated in the very discrete Nambiti Big 5 Private Game Reserve, between Johannesburg and Durban, in the heart of Zulu land, this luxurious African lodge hosts a maximum of 10 guests to its ideal surroundings.
The 5 Esiweni suites overlook the Sunday River and offer staggering views of the savannah and the bush as well as several relaxing areas for your pleasure; the boma, the bar, the beautiful terrace, the patio and the infinity pool.
Our staff will provide service and attention at all times in order to make your stay memorable and insure that you enjoy the natural freedom of Africa.
- Heating floor
- Personal tracker and guide
- Outdoor shower and bath
- Traditional Boma and Cuisine
- Large private decks with sun beds
Accommodation at Esiweni Lodge:
Esiweni Lodge offers five, luxurious, individual suites. Each has an indoor shower, magnificent views from the bath and a private, outdoor shower. Two of the suites are interconnected for use as a family unit.
Each suite has underfloor heating for cold winter nights and overhead fans for warm, summer evenings. Our honeymoon suite has a private, outdoor bath with stunning views across the valley.
Fully retracting patio doors open onto private decks where you can enjoy the majestic views of the Sundays River, waterfall and valley below. The dcor of the main lodge is elegant depicting a colonial safari theme.
Large, stone hearths warm the lounge and dining areas on cold, winter nights . During good weather, outdoor dining overlooking the valley is served on the vast, wooden deck. An intercom system is in place to connect each suite to the lodge staff in case of emergencies. Safes are also provided.
Health and Climate:
We are situated in a malaria free area.
Activities in the Reserve:
Esiweni invites you to take part in an adventure in the Nambiti Reserve at sunrise and sunset aboard an open air 4X4 allowing you to fully enjoy your safari. You will be in complete safety accompanied by an experienced ranger. He will explain how to follow animal tracks and successfully spot them hidden in the bush or the savannah. He will help you look for, not only lions, rhinoceros, elephants, buffalo and leopards, called the Big Five, but also other animals such as cheetahs who are endangered. He will explain to you plant life and birdlife and will tell you a thousand one anecdotes of his life in the bush allowing you to discover all of the facets of this wild world.
Esiweni Lodge is now associated with the famous Maison PAYOT to offer you a unique relaxation experience in the middle of the bush inspired by nature. After a safari in the beautiful Nambiti Reserve, allow yourself to be lulled by the musical ambiance and the scents of the African bush. Our massage therapists will offer a massage in the comfort of your suite or on your private terrace. The charming setting in combination with the beautiful scenery will easily submerge you into a universe of ultimate relaxation and you will find serenity and peace in the heart of the Savannah.
In the Nambiti Reserve you will find a large number of ponds filled with fish allowing you, if you desire, to fish accompanied by one of our guides.
Hire a mountain bike to get up close and personal to Nambiti`s rich flora and fauna.
Activities outside the Reserve:
- Horseback Riding
Esiweni Lodge is distinguished by its cliff-top location and panoramic views. Guests can relax in the tranquil setting while enjoying the sounds of the bush and the river below. In addition, Esiweni Lodge also offers:
* Extensive bird life.
* Cheetah, hyena, hippo and more than 30 mammal species.
* A Big-5 wildlife and nature conservancy in the 20 000 acre Nambiti Private Game Reserve.
* A wide biodiversity including grassland, savannah, thornveld, ravine bush, acacia trees, grasses and aloes with topography ranging from plains to valleys, mountains and waterfalls.
* Two game drives per day conducted by a fully qualified, experienced game ranger in a comfortable game-viewing vehicle.
* Night drives where you can enjoy and learn about the stars of the Southern Hemisphere in skies free of light and pollution.
* Close proximity to the historic Anglo-Zulu and Anglo-Boer battlefields.
* Elandslaagte battlefield and memorial is located on the edge of the Reserve.
- 0 to 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation 15 to 28 days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
- Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
Facilities & Services available:
Bar on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Esiweni Lodge is a Game Lodge in Ladysmith KwaZulu-Natal South Africa