In the heart of Paarl and the Cape Winelands, Eben Haezer Country House
is known for its elegant, relaxed sophistication and welcoming atmosphere.
Experience true Dutch hospitality in an beautifully restored, historical Cape Dutch homestead, or celebrate your wedding or other special occasion in our "The Ridder-Burcht".
The estate used to be a flower farm but is today still active in exporting succulents to Europe.
On the Eben-Haëzer Estate is an old chaple with a bell tower set in an exquisite rose garden under the old oak trees. It can be used for ceremonies, weddings and special occasions. The chaple can accommodate up to 80 people.Accommodation at Eben Haezer Country House:
In the homestead we have 6 exclusive bedrooms with private Victorian bathrooms. A fully equipped lounge with colour television, fridge and coffee facility. Telephone and fax, etc.
A separate cottage (4 to 6 persons) in the protea garden is fully equipped, serviced and self-catering, ideal for families or longer stays.
Enjoy the swimming pool on a hot day.
Also available is a beautiful honeymoon cottage for the bride and groom set in the gardens. This is a very rare find.Facilities and Services:
- A culinary experience with the famous sweet and savoury Dutch pancakes
- Swimming in our clear, saltwater pool
- Locally produced Paarl wine at sunset on the terrace whilst absorbing the fabulous views
- The romantic atmosphere sitting under the stars
- Mountain hikes, starting from our doorstep
- Line fishing in the Eben-Haëzer farm dam and bird watchingWeddings and Functions at Eben Haezer Country House:
Eben Haezer Country House provides an idyllic setting situated in the Cape Winelands with breathtaking views of the majestic Klein-Drakenstein Mountains and Paarl Mountain. Paarl town is just 10 minutes away and we are only 45-minutes’ drive from Cape Town city centre and 40-minutes’ drive from Cape Town International Airport.
This historical estate has a legacy of abundance that goes back to the French Huguenots. The Manor house is a restored Cape Dutch country house with its thatch roof and gable dating back to anno 1837 and is now available for functions and accommodation. The stylish wedding venue is de Ridder Burcht or Petit Chateau with its French vintage charm, complete with a quaint Chapel, where the bride is announced by the ringing of the brass wedding bell in the tower. The venue can accommodate up to 100 guests.
Book your venue viewing today as the first step in your dream wedding planning success and we will make every effort to make your wedding an unforgettable day.
Facilities & Services:
- Honeymoon Couples
- Wedding facilities
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Eben Haezer Country House Activities:
From Eben-Haëzer you can explore:
- The famous wine-cellars at Nederburg (3 km), KWV and other smaller producers, where you can taste some of the best wines in the world
- The Limietberg hiking trail (2 km) on which you can explore the majestic mountains, and walks through the vineyards
- Golf course, tennis courts and cricket field only 5 minutes away
- The beautiful Cape Peninsular with the white sandy beaches of the two oceans, and the famous Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, just 50 minutes away
- Cape Town (60 km), one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront and many other attractions
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek (both 40 km) with winelands and historic buildings, are both unforgattable
- Whale viewing in season (June – November) at the beach just 40 minutes away
Click to display the map