In the heart of Paarl and the Cape Winelands, Eben Haezer Country House is known for its elegant, relaxed sophistication and welcoming atmosphere.
Experience true Dutch hospitality in an beautifully restored, historical Cape Dutch homestead, or celebrate your wedding or other special occasion in our "The Ridder-Burcht".
The estate used to be a flower farm but is today still active in exporting succulents to Europe.
On the Eben-Hazer Estate is an old chaple with a bell tower set in an exquisite rose garden under the old oak trees. It can be used for ceremonies, weddings and special occasions. The chaple can accommodate up to 80 people.
Accommodation at Eben Haezer Country House:
In the homestead we have 6 exclusive bedrooms with private Victorian bathrooms. A fully equipped lounge with colour television, fridge and coffee facility. Telephone and fax, etc.
A separate cottage (4 to 6 persons) in the protea garden is fully equipped, serviced and self-catering, ideal for families or longer stays.
Enjoy the swimming pool on a hot day.
Also available is a beautiful honeymoon cottage for the bride and groom set in the gardens. This is a very rare find.
Facilities and Services:
- A culinary experience with the famous sweet and savoury Dutch pancakes
- Swimming in our clear, saltwater pool
- Locally produced Paarl wine at sunset on the terrace whilst absorbing the fabulous views
- The romantic atmosphere sitting under the stars
- Mountain hikes, starting from our doorstep
- Line fishing in the Eben-Hazer farm dam and bird watching
Weddings and Functions at Eben Haezer Country House:
Eben Haezer Country House provides an idyllic setting situated in the Cape Winelands with breathtaking views of the majestic Klein-Drakenstein Mountains and Paarl Mountain. Paarl town is just 10 minutes away and we are only 45-minutes drive from Cape Town city centre and 40-minutes drive from Cape Town International Airport.
This historical estate has a legacy of abundance that goes back to the French Huguenots. The Manor house is a restored Cape Dutch country house with its thatch roof and gable dating back to anno 1837 and is now available for functions and accommodation. The stylish wedding venue is de Ridder Burcht or Petit Chateau with its French vintage charm, complete with a quaint Chapel, where the bride is announced by the ringing of the brass wedding bell in the tower. The venue can accommodate up to 100 guests.
Book your venue viewing today as the first step in your dream wedding planning success and we will make every effort to make your wedding an unforgettable day.
From Eben-Hazer you can explore:
- The famous wine-cellars at Nederburg (3 km), KWV and other smaller producers, where you can taste some of the best wines in the world
- The Limietberg hiking trail (2 km) on which you can explore the majestic mountains, and walks through the vineyards
- Golf course, tennis courts and cricket field only 5 minutes away
- The beautiful Cape Peninsular with the white sandy beaches of the two oceans, and the famous Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, just 50 minutes away
- Cape Town (60 km), one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront and many other attractions
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek (both 40 km) with winelands and historic buildings, are both unforgattable
- Whale viewing in season (June November) at the beach just 40 minutes away
Route to Eben Haezer Country House in Klein-Drakenstein via N1.
Cape Town past Paarl (7km) turn left on R101 Drakentein/Worcester.
Exit 62 (before toll-gates).
Straight over two 4-way stop streets onto Daljosafat Road.
Wine Route 4.
Flower Nursery on left.
Eben Haezer Guest House is on your left.