From a family residence built in the early 1900`s, we have created an elegant, contemporary boutique guest establishment in a quaint Victorian street in Cape Towns historic old quarter offering luxury accommodation in the City Bowl.
Dunkley House offers visitors to Cape Town stylish accommodation in an area full of local flavour. For business or leisure, enjoy bed and breakfast accommodation in an urban sanctuary. Relax by the courtyard pool and chill out under the cool shade of banana palms in our private, tropical garden.
Dunkley House offers bed and breakfast and self-catering accommodation in ten spacious en-suite rooms or the self-catering apartment in central Cape Town.
Dunkley House can accommodate up to 22 people sharing or 10 single occupancies. Fully staffed with a housekeeper and chef, Dunkley House is ideal for informal meetings and social gatherings.
We cater for:
- Wedding parties
- Reunions, anniversaries, birthdays and other celebrations
- Film crews
- Business travellers
- Fax facilities
- Laundry service
- Honesty bar system
- Guest bar and lounge
- Guest laptop and wireless Internet
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Large sparkling swimming pool and sundeck
- Tours, theatre, travel bookings and airport transfers
- Full-time driver available on an hourly or weekly basis
- Visitor library including maps, brochures and guide books
- Duty manager on site 8.30am to 10pm and available afterhours if required
-Close proximity to restaurants, clubs, bars, shops, and the legendary Long Street nightlife.
- Full breakfast cooked by in-house chef. Other meals can be ordered from a variety of restaurants in the area, as well as use of microwave in guest lounge.
DIRECTIONS TO DUNKLEY HOUSE FROM THE AIRPORT (approx. 20km) 1):
- On leaving the airport follow signs to get onto the N2 heading for Cape Town. After about 10kms you will see the Muizenberg and City/Stad M3/M2 signs - take this turn-off.
- Get into either of the furthest right lanes and then take the City/Stad M3/N2 fork to the right and immediately start getting into either of the 2 left hand lanes.
- Shortly thereafter take the left fork to City/Vredehoek via de Waal Drive and continue for a couple of kilometres (approx. 3km) along de Waal Drive.
- Before you reach a overhead bridge take the left fork saying Mill Street. Continue past the Gardens Shopping Centre on your left.Drive over a set of traffic lights and, keeping in the right hand lane.
- Turn right at the next set of traffic lights into Hatfield Street, drive for about 50 metres, turn right into Wandel Street, drive for about 20 metres only and turn right again into Gordon Street.
* Dunkley House, No 3b, is the 4th house on the left-hand side with a metal sign and high white wall.
Guestrooms are spacious and modern, decorated with inspiration and imagination for a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Bathrooms are inviting with an emphasis on luxury and relaxation.
All Rooms have:
- Air conditioning
- King or Queen size bed
- Flat-screen TV
- CD/DVD players and music selection
- iPod compatible clock/radio
- All rooms have a safe
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Herbal bathroom accessories