Duinepos is a community based tourism project
The Langebaan lagoon is one of the core features of the West Coast National Park and is a RAMSAR wetland site of international importance. The Langebaan lagoon represents almost 30% of South Africa’s salt marshes.
The West Coast National Park is home to more than 250 bird species. During the summer months (December to February) about 70 000 birds migrate to the West Coast National Park from as far as Northern Russia.
Paleonthological and archeological features abound in the West Coast National Park and “Eve’s Footprints” found in the park was dated at 117 000 years old.
During the spring the strandveld is embroidered with a tapestry of multi-hued flowers that is as unique as it is idyllic.
is situated inside the West Coast National Park, based inland in natural bush, next to the sand dunes.
The Park itself is 31 000 hectares in extent and Duinepos is 15 kilometers away from the lagoon. The closest town is Langebaan and 17 kilometers away from Duinepos.
- Daily conservation fees are compulsory.
- Locals: R45 p/p out of season and August and September R64 p/p (valid till 31 October 2016)
- Foreigners: R68 p/p out of season and August and September R136 p/p (valid til 31 October 2016)
- Conservation fees are payable when entering the Park at the gate. It is not included in the accommodation and booking rates.
- PLEASE NOTE: NO AFTER HOURS GATE ACCESS - you will need to access the gate before gate closing times.
Accommodation at Duinepos Chalets
Choose any one of our 11 chalets of which 2 are disabled friendly. Each chalet is situated to ensure privacy, peace and tranquility.
Each unit sleeps 4 people comfortably with a bunk bed in the lounge area a maximum of 6 people are allowed (4 adults plus 2 children)
Each chalet offers:
- 2 bedrooms (bedding and towels included)
- Open plan kitchen (fully equipped)
- Fire place
- Shower and toilet
- Outside braai area
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Curio Shop
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Hiking / Walking Trails
Duinepos Chalets Activities:
- Water sports e.g. Kite surfing, water skiing, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, swimming, fishing, angling, boating.
- Geelbek Restaurant
- Picnicking and swimming at Kraalbay
- Braais and whale watching at Tsaarsbank
- Birdwatching at Geelbek, Abrahamskraal and Seeberg
- Postberg flower trail during flowering season (August-September)
The Geelbek Visitor’s Centre is conveniently located at the southern end of the lagoon offering visitors information about Trails, Cultural history, Bird watching and Regional tourism activities.
Duinepos Chalets Map:
Duinepos Chalets Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 30
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
Staff are helpful and friendly. The chalets offer everything you need for an overnight stay. Overall a lovely venue.
Rating: Reviewed by Joan George over a year ago
Well worth the money spent, everything that is needed in a selfcatering unit and more, clean, neat and very tastefully decorated, will definitely come again, reception staff friendly and helpful
Rating: Reviewed by Veronica Lawson over a year ago
will go back did enjoy and is a place to relax and get away from the rush of everyday.
Rating: Reviewed by Marzanne Kruger over a year ago
5 star location with accommodation that is well designed comfortable and clean. fittings and equipment of a good standard. Definitely the place to stay to visit the west coast national park. We will be back for a longer stay next time.
Rating: Reviewed by brian mcgeoch over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Duinepos Chalets:
Accommodation options within 8km from Duinepos Chalets include:
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
The focal point of this Park is the Langebaan Lagoon, but with miles of pristine golden beaches stretching into the early morning mist and brooding salt marshes.
per unit, Max: 6