is a 2 bedroom apartment situated adjacent Arniston Cottage. It has a cosy inside braai area with open
plan kitchen and lounge with sea view.
Child friendly. It also has a lovely enclosed courtyard with outside braai area. There is a flat screen television and DSTV with Easyview package.
There is free parking on-site and the area is safe and secure. The unit has a separate entrance with private braai facilities. We provide bedding, however guests must bring their own towels, toiletries, wood, firelighters etc. Things to do in the area includes hiking, fishing, swimming, visiting the Arniston landmark as well as the very well known Arniston Cave. A must to visit!
* All booking fees must be paid prior to arrival at Arniston
Cottage and Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment.
* Upon paying the 50% deposit, guests agree to the house rules for Arniston Cottage and Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment.
* Although we do not charge breakage or key deposit, we require that guests pay for any breakages/damages to the property (ie. crockery, cutlery etc) or replacement of any damaged items.
* Guests enter the premises on own risk and we reserve the right to admission.
* Guests must adhere to the maximum number of guests allowed in each unit, unless approved by management. No excess guests will be allowed. Our guests are welcome to have visitors, provided these visitors do not sleep over.
* No drinking or eating in the bedrooms.
* No loud music after 12:00 (please take into consideration our elderly neighbours)
* Children are not allowed to write on the walls or bedding
* NO SMOKING!
* No pets
* Please do not use any of the candles used as decor - fire hazard
* No drinking of alcohol in the bedrooms
* Please do not move furniture or adjust TV sets.
* Please do not buy anything from hawkers. Contact numbers of reliable and trustworthy suppliers of fish and other seafood is available from the caretakers.
Kassiesbaai, Arniston is situated in the Overberg area. It is a quaint fishing village, with old-style harbour. The area is ideal for a getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Tranquil waters and stunning views are a photographers dream. Quiet and peaceful. Hiking, fishing and visiting the Arniston cave is a must. Beautiful clean beaches. Safe area to visit, safe to walk and discover.
Lovely beaches, hiking trails and fishing. Arniston cave, Arniston landmark, the local craft centre and Willeen’s Restaurant a must! Arniston is a mere 15minutes drive from Bredasdorp, where guests can avail of gym facilities, enjoy tennis and play a round of golf.
No washing or cleaning facilities available. Guests staying for longer periods can make arrangements for laundry services with our caretaker, as the town does not have these facilities. Cleaning for guests staying for longer periods, can be requested at own cost. Bedding is changed every 5 days for guests staying for longer periods.
Winter months can be extremely cold due to the South Easter, however we do provide an indoor fireplace for those cold nights. There are no extreme weather conditions, summer days are not too hot.
We require 50% deposit on all bookings to secure booking. The remaining balance must be paid one day prior to arrival. No cash will be accepted at the property.
Refunds will be allowed with the following conditions:
- In all instances we would prefer to move the existing booking to another date (provided it is more than 14 days before the arrival date) so as to allow us to find a replacement booking.
Failing the above the following will apply:
- A reservation cancelled more than 30 days before the arrival date will be refunded in full.
- A reservation cancelled less than 30 days but more than 14 days before the arrival date will only receive a 30% refund of the initial deposit.
- A reservation cancelled less than 14 days before the arrival date will forfeit any monies paid.
- Should we be able to replace the booking, we will endeavour to refund the guest in full (depending on percentage refunded, as per above).
From the N2 in Cape Town, travel to Caledon. In Caledon, take the turn-off to Bredasdorp (+-70 kms). In Bredasdorp, continue on the Main road to the Arniston/Waenhuiskrans turn-off. Travel the 24kms to Arniston. Upon entering Arniston, continue to the main road. Turn left at the first stop sign. Continue down the main road, past the Arniston hotel (on your left). Turn right at the stop sign (next to the harbour). You will now be entering Kassiesbaai. Our house is the fourth one on the left hand side. You will see two white flower pots next to the house. Please park at the back of the house. Our caretaker will direct you.
Children of all ages are welcome. We offer some books and toys for children to enjoy.
There is 2 bedrooms with double beds. The lounge is comfortable with a sea view. The braai area leads to the outside courtyard. Die Waenhuis forms part of Arniston Cottage and Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment. Together the 3 units can accommodate a maximum of 15 guests. The 3 units are all situated on one property. All units, however have private entrances and braai areas, but easy accessible to joint guests.
The apartment consists of 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, open-plan braai area and fully equipped kitchen and lounge. There are lovely views from the lounge and outside courtyard.