De Kuilen combines the warmth and graciousness of traditional Cape Dutch hospitality with all modern comforts in one of Johannesburgs most convenient northern suburbs - perfectly positioned for a peaceful setting and a spacious venue for relaxation. Your hosts offer you a warm welcome with security, privacy and tranquility.
Minutes away from Sandton City, Fourways Mall, restaurants, fitness centre, golf courses and driving ranges. Set in 7 acres of countryside, and lovingly filled with treasured family heirlooms and magnificent antiques, it is a place of peace and pampering.
Some of your hosts also speak German.
* small conference venue
* Laundry and pressing service (dry cleaning drop-off and collect)
* Car and shoe cleaning.
* Safe covered parking on the property with excellent security.
* Airport transfers and car hire arranged.
* Enjoy Game-bird shoots organised from de Kuilen,
* ON-SITE: BEAUTICIAN trained in slimming treatments, facials, aromatherapy and massage: in your suite by appointment,
* Jogging track,
* swimming pool,
From JAN SMUTS AIRPORT:
Take R24 (N3). After about 9km look out for a large overhead sign to Germiston/Johannesburg/Pretoria. After taking the route, immediately turn right (Johannesburg/Pretoria) then onto N3 (Pretoria). (Avoid "London Rd., Sandton" turnoff.) After about 15km there is a Johannesburg sign to left. DO NOT TAKE THIS, ALSO AVOID PRETORIA OFF-RAMP. Continue on in middle or right hand lane marked Roodepoort. After about 2km you will see the off-ramp 100, SANDTON, Rivonia road (this is before ours). After this keep to left. About 5km further take off-ramp 95, SANDTON, William Nichol Drive. After turn-off, turn right immediately towards Fourways, at 1st traffic-light. There is another traffic light (2nd) shortly, at the end of the bridge over freeway. At next traffic light (3rd), about 800m from off-ramp, turn left into Leslie Avenue. Continue through a stop street then a traffic light (Douglas Drive), at petrol station and shops. At next traffic light, just after Sandton Bible Church sign, turn right into Glenluce Drive. Please fill in security form at Boom Across Road. We are at the last gate on right before end of road. Look out for sign at gate, "DE KUILEN J.C. MOLTENO" also number 30.
BIRDSONG COTTAGE consists of a luxurious bedroom and a separate dressing room which can take a cot. It has an en suite bathroom with both bath and free standing shower, a very large lounge/dining room leading on to the outdoor living area and a fully equipped kitchen (self catering)The Birdsong Cottage can be made interleading with Pomegranate Cottage for families. Together, these two cottages can accommodate a family of five.
Romantic favorite of honeymooners, Pomegranate is tucked away in a secluded corner of the beauteous gardens. It is beautifully decorated with imported Persian rugs and original art. The en suite bathroom also has a free standing shower.
The large airy bedroom leads into a conservatory - filled with fragrant exotic plants and orchids where you can relax and enjoy long lazy breakfasts under the southern skies in all weathers. You can unwind and renew yourself in a pristine sunken Jacuzzi. And for more relaxation the outdoor terrace is also totally private with fountain, roses, herbs, tall trees, a hammock, many magazines and coffee table books.
ARUM LILY COTTAGE consists of an en suite bedroom, a beautifully equipped kitchen (self catering)and private conservatory verandah for outdoor dining and relaxing. Can be made interleading with Lavender House to accommodate a minimum of 4 adults.
LAVENDER HOUSE consists of an en suite bedroom, a cozy lounge with fireplace and a private verandah for outdoor dining.
THE TREE HOUSE, a smaller suite with a large romantic bedroom that leads out into a roof garden with a covered outdoor lounge, where you
can relax on a summer evening to the sound of the fountain, or bask in the warm Highveld sunshine in winter.
* You may choose to have breakfast served on your own private garden verandah, or in the rose-filled courtyard of the main house
* Cottages consists of private telephone, satellite TV, video/C.D. player, bedroom safe, hairdryer, fluffy white toweling gowns and slippers - no disturbances
* CHILDREN OVER 12 ARE WELCOME, but in the combined Birdsong and Pomegranate Cottages, made inter-leading by special request, we cater for children of all ages at a reduced rate up to 9 years old
* Fax and e-mails received, modem jack (ADSL) and desk in each room
* There is a mini-bar fridge in each suite, fresh fruit and flowers in abundance
* Kettle, hospitality tray, coffee machine, microwave available for each suite