Danke offers you an old fashioned luxury accommodation far removed from the daily grind of life in the heart of the Overberg.
The cottage is an ideal base from which to explore the Overberg Region of the Western Cape – South Africa. Danke is a private haven of tranquillity situated in a region that is embroided with a tapestry of multicoloured hills.
During summer green wheat lands turn into different shades of yellow. In autumn you are surrounded by brown-grey fields – just to bounce back after the first winter rains to all shades of green – truly Danke is situated in an area that is as unique as it is idyllic!
Danke offers you: privacy, simplicity, peace and tranquillity with a breathtaking view of Riviersonderend Mountains and Saltriver. Neighbours? Expect sheep, cattle, blue cranes, guinea fowl, meercat, springbuck, the odd porcupine, and etcetera.
Fully equipped self-catering luxury accommodation, including
- Main bedroom has a double bed
- Towels and linen supplied
- Electricity and candles
- Bath and shower
- Fridge and microwave
- Cookery and cutlery
- Second bedroom has two single beds
- Couch in living room can be used as an additional bed
- Coffee, tea, sugar, milk and a bottle natural mineral water
Danke Selfcatering Guesthouse Activities:
- Watch the birdlife
- Take beautiful photographs
- Take a leisurely stroll to the river
- See where the milk in the fridge comes from
- Bring your bicycle and ride to your hearts content
- Bring that best seller with that you never get time to read
- Watch springbuck (white and black springbuck), Nguni cattle, shy bushbuck, and bontebok – by appointment
- Be part of pigeon racing in season (June to September) – on Saturdays by appointment
Click to display the map