Damfela Eco Lodge
offers comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation in Midrand. An eco paradise of peace and tranquility, right in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Gauteng`s Major Cities.
Experience warm South African hospitality and ethnicity in a tranquil thatched, rural setting, on 2 acres in Glen Austin, Midrand. We will gladly arrange airport transfers, transfer to meetings, or trips to tourist destinations. We endeavour to make your stay with us memorable and enjoyable.
We offer a generous continental breakfast, consisting of fresh fruit juice, tea and coffee, cereals with fresh milk, yoghurt, an assortment of cold meats and pastries, muffins, scones, butter, cheeses, jams and fresh fruits. Facilities:
- Laundry Service can be provided.
- Large solar heated pool.
- TV Lounge with full DSTV.
- There is secure off-street parking.
- The premise is enclosed with an alarm linked electric fence.
Most rooms are equipped with the following:
- Television (SABC and E-TV)
- Complementary tea and coffee
- Mini Bar Fridge
- Clock radio
- Extra blankets
- Digit pad safes
- A dressing/work table with mirror and hair dryer
- Ironing board and iron are available
- Spacious cupboards with hanging space, coat hangers
Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 10:00
Accommodation at Damfela Eco Lodge:
We currently have 7 suites to offer: Kiepersol
Sleeps 2 - in a King-size bed or Twin Beds. This suite includes a dressing room and an en-suite bathroom with shower and bath. Acacia
Sleeps 2 (+2), ideal for a family. This suite includes a double bed in the main bedroom and a sleeper couch in the lounge and a full private bathroom with shower and bath. Pine
Sleeps 2 - in a King-size bed or Twin Beds. This suite has a private entrance outside and an en-suite bathroom with shower. Olive and Oak Rooms
Sleeps 4. Double and Twin Beds, these suites have a private entrance outside and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
Budget Rooms: Lavender and Jacaranda
These are small rooms of 3 x 4 meters with a comfortable bed and en-suite bathroom with shower with a private entrance outside.
Damfela Eco Lodge Activities:
- Pretoria or Johannesburg CBD - 30 km
- Gautrain Station - 6 km
- Most Business Parks within a radius - 10 km
- Grand Central Airport - 5 km
- Monte Casino - 15 km
- Sandton City - 20 km
- Eskom Convention Centre - 3 km
- Gallagher Estate - 7 km
- Kyalami Race Course - 10 km
- UNISA School of Business Leadership - 7 km
- International Airport (OR Tambo) - 30 km
- Day Spa
- Bayete Day Spa Centurion, ideal for Spa treatments, weddings and conferences.
- Casinos: There are a number of Casinos within easy driving distance for guests staying in Johannesburg. Gold Reef City Casino, Carnival City, Emperors Palace, Marula Sun and The Carousel Casino are just some of the casinos visitors can relax at, whilst Monte Casino in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg offers a casino, plus numerous exciting places to dine, together with live shows and shopping.
- Days of Gold: Spend a day at the famous Gold Reef City, where you can go underground on a mine exploration and relive the old gold rush days of Johannesburg. The fabulous theme park at Gold Reef City is a must for anyone with children.
- The Elephant Sanctuary: Nestled in pristine unspoiled bush, is the home of five African elephants: Maroela, Mosadi, Khumba, Jabu and Thandi.
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve: Is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approximately 1 100 ha on the typical Highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the Cradle of Humankind, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km northwest of Johannesburg and 60 km west of Pretoria. Rhinos, lions, wild dogs, cheetahs, hippos, and crocodiles are among the animals you can see at the park. You can spot about 600 head of game, visit the lion, wild dog, and cheetah enclosures (be careful of lions approaching vehicles) or vulture blind, or be thrilled by live snake shows on weekends and holidays. You can also visit the endangered species breeding centre (and the magnificent white lions) or cuddle a baby animal at the nursery for young orphaned animals. In addition to the self driving tour, you can book an escorted game drive or horseback ride. The visitor’s area has a kiosk, pool, the Croc Pub and Diner, 4x4 trails, and a curio shop.
- Shopping: Johannesburg is beyond any shadow of a doubt the shopping Mecca of South Africa, with great shopping malls situated all over Johannesburg. Sandton City is probably the best known of these, but there are a number of other malls where one can shop till you drop with every type of retail outlet available. For an equally exciting but very different shopping experience there is the Oriental Plaza, a true bargain hunter’s paradise.
Click to display the map
Damfela Eco Lodge Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
I enjoyed my stay
Rating: Reviewed by Nicholus Magane over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Damfela Eco Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Damfela Eco Lodge include:
Centrally situated in Midrand on 8500 square metres of luscious gardens, bird life, water features and indigenous trees. Our facilities offer the ideal setting for business conferences, weddings, special parties, and executive accommodation.
per person sharing
This B&B epitomizes warm hospitality and service excellence. An inviting swimming pool set in a beautiful garden that offers privacy to guests and is a tranquil place to relax, with lush gardens and prolific bird life. We are ideally located.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Big Tree B&B is conveniently situated midway between Johannesburg and Pretoria in Midrand. Close to Gallagher Estate. Privace and comfort in a relaxing country atmosphere.
Natural Getaways is a Boutique Hotel with accommodation and Conferencing facilities, situated only 19 kilometres from OR Tambo International Airport and midway between Johannesburg and Pretoria, in the peaceful suburb of Glen Austin.
per person sharing
Belvedere Estate is a gorgeous Boutique Guest Lodge, modeled after a small Italian village. This gem in Midrand, Gauteng, is situated on two and a half acres of beautiful gardens with cobble paving and water fountains.