Ensconced in the magical Oliphant’s River Valley, the recently unveiled Clanwilliam Lodge is a colloquial gem emerging off the beaten track, oasis-like in its unforgiving semi-desert habitat.
Only a two and 1/2 hours drive from Cape Town, the lodge offers 32 air-conditioned rooms, a poolside restaurant, and delicious cuisine.
Visitors should prepare to enjoy balmy days lounging on Bedouin daybeds at the pool and hot windless nights in pure tranquility at Clanwilliam Lodge - where half measures are only available on request from the pool bar.
Much of the furnishings in the lodge are made from wood from the original building. Clanwilliam is also famous for growing and cultivating Rooibos Tea and for its original leather ‘Veldskoene’ factory.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Conference facilities
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Swimming Pool
All rooms are air-conditioned and have an en suite bathroom or room separating room from bathroom. There is a choice of doubles, twins and king or queen-sized beds on request.
Suites have the option of a balcony. All our suites have a shower and a bath; and all of our rooms are fitted with a shower.
Clanwilliam Lodge Activities:
- Clanwilliam Lodge is a 5 min drive from the spectacular 18 km long Clanwilliam Dam where visitors can partake in a range of water sports the likes of waterskiing, wake- boarding, parasailing and angling.
- Nature enthusiasts can enjoy sweeping vistas of flowerscapes in the nearby Ramskop Nature Reserve which boasts over 200 indigenous species of wild flowers (full bloom in August/September).
- Hikers and anthropologists can peruse Bushman Rock paintings, visit the local planetarium or Pakhuis Pass, just outside of town, which boasts magnificent landscapes and is the gateway to Wupperthal – a Moravian mission village.
- Adrenaline junkies who don’t like to get their hair wet can indulge in the nearby Cederberg Mountain’s scenic 4x4, quad bike and mountain bike trails. And for the 'teetotallers' - Clanwilliam is famous for cultivating Rooibos tea and factory tours are recommended.
Click to display the map
Clanwilliam Lodge Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We stayed only overnight, and arrived late. We had a great dinner, good food and very pleasant service. The room and bed were nice, but the shower area should be closed off with glass. We really enjoyed our short stay.
Rating: Reviewed by Ulf Grunewald over a year ago