Chislehurst is a small elegant guest house minutes from the Rivonia business district, shops and restaurants. It is close to Oliver Tambo and Lanseria International Airports, major shopping malls, Gautengs premier entertainment destination Monte casino, theatres, golf courses and craft markets.
Roger and Jenny Shepherd offer charming, private en-suite accommodation with distinctive dcor, separate entrances and secure parking. All suites are fully equipped, air-conditioned and heated. The entire property is Wi-Fi enabled.
Rooms are serviced daily by our friendly staff, and a laundry and dry cleaning service is available on request. Rates include a full English or Continental breakfast.
The main retail thoroughfare in the area is The Boulevard. Many shops and restaurants are located here, and although some extremely important historical sites are nearby, in Rivonia itself is one of the most politically important buildings in Gauteng Lillieleaf Farm.
* Lilliesleaf Farm:
The ultimate infiltration into the Farm in 1963 and arrest of most of the leadership of the Umkhonto we Sizwe, the fighting arm of the people, led to what became known as The Rivonia Trial. The trial started in October 1963 in Pretoria and eight of the accused which included Nelson Mandela, were sentenced to life imprisonment 5 minute walk from Chislehurst.
Boasting a casino area with more than 1700 slot machines and 70 gaming tables, as well as first class shopping and dining facilities, a cinema complex, two theatres and an amphitheatre which produces world class entertainment 10 minute drive from Chislehurst.
* Bryanston Organic Market:
This gem of a market, established in 1976, provides a matchless ambience with relaxed shopping while enjoying delicious treats in the tea garden with live music a 6 minute drive from Chislehurst.
* Barnyard Theatre Broadacres:
Started in an old barn on a farm in the Cape, there are now Barnyard Theatres across the country, all retaining the original old world atmosphere. Shows are meticulously put together and are great fun. About a 15 minute drive from Chislehurst.
The biggest and most populous of all townships in South Africa, Soweto is now buzzing with a new spirit of celebrating its unique culture, heritage and history. Enjoy the heart warming hospitality and vibrant spirit of the people at a township restaurant or a traditional shebeen. 20 minutes drive from Chislehurst.
* Vodacom World of Golf: South Africa's first golfing theme park. Fun and friendly environment with exquisite gardens and waterfalls, the Vodacom World of Golf offers an opportunity to practise every shot imaginable. 10 minutes drive from Chislehurst.
* Sandton City Glamorous:
Very upmarket shopping mall, adjoining Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton. All top brands of clothing and accessories, restaurants, banks, jewellers, large department stores, bookshops with miles and miles of books.
From OR Tambo Airport:
- Take Johannesburg (Jhb) road (R24 After approx. 10 minutes road splits to Kimberley/Durban, Pretoria or Johannesburg.
- Keep in the middle, thus taking Pretoria (N1). This highway (N3) splits to Pretoria, Johannesburg or Roodepoort. Go straight taking Roodepoort (N1S).
- Take the next off ramp which is Rivonia Road. Turn left at the traffic lights into Rivonia Road.
- Turn right into 12th Avenue. Turn right into Rietfontein Road. Take 2nd left into Vickers Avenue.