You are welcome to the Chennells Guesthouse in Eshowe. Set in a large, 100 year old Victorian Home with magnificent country views, there is a spacious garden and swimming pool for your enjoyment.
This is the ideal stopover for local and overseas travellers and businessmen. Comfortable and friendly country Guesthouse with colonial family atmosphere.
Your Host is Graham Chennells, a born and bred Zululander. He has the time to show you what`s going on in Eshowe.
The family home has been elegantly converted with six light and airy bedrooms. Here the gentle morning sun will caress you from your king-size bed and the sizzling of bacon will draw you to the mahogany breakfast table.
You may well spend your time back at the guest house reading on the black-and-white tiled stoep, sipping Richards award-winning Zulu Blonde beer or just relax and look out into the hills.
The Guesthouse has:
- A large verandah with stunning views over sugar cane plantations.
- Dining Room / Lounge for you to relax in.
- Well stocked Honesty Bar with wines, beers, cold drinks, mineral water, spirits and liquors as well as sweet and savoury snacks.
- Medicinal garden
- Complimentary tea, coffee, fruit, biscuits and sweets
- Complimentary Sherry in the evenings
- Tips on all the best of the local attractions and events in Eshowe.
- The guesthouse is solely for the use of our guests, offering exclusivity and privacy.
- Owner resides on premises but separately, ensuring safety and round the clock assistance.
- We welcome children - please specify their age when enquiring.
- Camp cot can be supplied for babies.
A full English breakfast, bottomless cups of filter coffee and a selection of teas are served and early breakfast can be arranged.
All guests check in at The George Hotel reception and then will be directed to the guesthouse a few minutes away.
* Go north up the N2 highway passed the Umhlanga, Ballito, Stanger and Mandini off ramps.
* You will see that the bridges over the freeway become numbered starting at 18 counting downwards.
* Once you have gone under bridge 9 take the Dokodweni Toll Plaza turnoff to Eshowe, Ulundi and Ging.
* Eshowe is 20 minutes up the hill. Once you are in town just follow the signs to The George Hotel.
* 36-38 Main Street, Eshowe
- 3 Standard twin bedrooms with ensuite showers.
- 2 Bedroom with a Queen beds and en-suite shower.
- 1 Cottage with 2 Single beds and en suite shower
All our bedrooms offer:
- Extra cotton blankets and flat sheets
- En-suite bathrooms with shower.