Caledon 31 is located on the foot of the Outeniqua Mountains in the leafy suburb of Camphersdrift, and is the ideal base from which to explore George and the Garden Route.
For the food lovers, there are several good restaurants just down the street, while a relaxed 500 m walk in the other direction will take you to the Botanical Gardens, or into the forest or mountain.
With Victoria Bay, Herold`s Bay and Wilderness close by the unit is ideal for short or extended stays. The Medi-Clinic Hospital is a mere kilometre away, and the airport is a scenic 15 minute drive away.
Accommodation at Caledon 31:
The spacious unit can comfortably accommodate 3 guests, and contains a queen-size bed and a single bed. The Queen-size bed is in the bedroom with the single bed in the dining room area. The two sleeping areas can be separated by doors.
Young and old are welcome, and a baby cot can be provided on request. Bedding and towels are supplied. The bathroom contains a shower, toilet and small basin.
The unit has a basic-equipped kitchenette with a fridge, a microwave, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and essential cooking utensils. The dining room contains a wooden dining table and chairs, and the lounge contains a television with DStv.
Services and facilities:
- The room is serviced daily.
- Washing and ironing by arrangement.
- Children welcome. Plenty of space for children to run around and a beautiful jungle-gym for their enjoyment.
- Secure parking for your vehicle is provided behind locked gates.
- Breakfast is served in the room. (R70 per person)
- We have world class restaurants on our doorstep and will gladly assist when your need to make a reservation.
Health and Climate:
The town of George has been blessed with mild climate conditions. We are at the foot of the Outeniqua mountains and receive rain all year round causing the lush green flora in the area. Weather can change often and it is always wise to keep something warm with you just in case.
- Take a short stroll up the road to the Botanical garden.
- Take a hike in the forest - a short 5 minute drive away.
- Pick your own strawberries at the Redberry farm - 20 minutes away.
- Take a trip out on the Power-van.
- Visit the Transport museum in town.
- Take a day trip to Hartenbos and Mosselbay.
- Go paragliding, canyoning and canoeing in Wilderness - 20 minutes away.
- Take a hike to the waterfall in the Wilderness National Park - 20 minutes away.
- Visit the Outeniqua Farmers market on a Saterday morning - 08.00 - 14.00 10 minutes away
- Visit the ever popular Wild Oats Market in Sedgfield on a Saturday morning - 07.30 - 12.00 20 minutes away.
- Visit one of our famous beaches - Heroldsbay, Victoria bay or Wilderness beach - all just a short drive away.
- Spoil yourself with a day at the Spa - 20 minutes away.
- Take a trip over the Outeniqua pass and visit the Cango caves, crocodile and ostrich farms in Oudshoorn.
- 30 to 15 Days prior to arrival 100% refundable
- 14 to 07 Days Prior to arrival 50 % refundable
- 7 to 0 Days prior to arrival 0% refundable
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Limited Room Service
Caledon 31 is a Bed and Breakfast in George Western Cape South Africa