is located on the foot of the Outeniqua Mountains in the leafy suburb of Camphersdrift, and is the ideal base from which to explore George and the Garden Route.
For the food lovers, there are several good restaurants just down the street, while a relaxed 500 m walk in the other direction will take you to the Botanical Gardens, or into the forest or mountain.
With Victoria Bay, Herold`s Bay and Wilderness close by the unit is ideal for short or extended stays. The Medi-Clinic Hospital is a mere kilometre away, and the airport is a scenic 15 minute drive away.
Accommodation at Caledon 31:
The spacious unit can comfortably accommodate 3 guests, and contains a queen-size bed and a single bed. The Queen-size bed is in the bedroom with the single bed in the dining room area. The two sleeping areas can be separated by doors.
Young and old are welcome, and a baby cot can be provided on request. Bedding and towels are supplied. The bathroom contains a shower, toilet and small basin.
The unit has a basic-equipped kitchenette with a fridge, a microwave, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and essential cooking utensils. The dining room contains a wooden dining table and chairs, and the lounge contains a television with DStv.
Services and facilities:
- The room is serviced daily.
- Washing and ironing by arrangement.
- Children welcome. Plenty of space for children to run around and a beautiful jungle-gym for their enjoyment.
- Secure parking for your vehicle is provided behind locked gates.
- Breakfast is served in the room. (R70 per person)
- We have world class restaurants on our doorstep and will gladly assist when your need to make a reservation.
per unit, Max: 3
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Limited Room Service
- Cots available
- Internet Access
- Parking (open and off-street)
Caledon 31 Activities:
- Take a short stroll up the road to the Botanical garden.
- Take a hike in the forest - a short 5 minute drive away.
- Pick your own strawberries at the Redberry farm - 20 minutes away.
- Take a trip out on the Power-van.
- Visit the Transport museum in town.
- Take a day trip to Hartenbos and Mosselbay.
- Go paragliding, canyoning and canoeing in Wilderness - 20 minutes away.
- Take a hike to the waterfall in the Wilderness National Park - 20 minutes away.
- Visit the Outeniqua Farmers market on a Saterday morning - 08.00 - 14.00 10 minutes away
- Visit the ever popular Wild Oats Market in Sedgfield on a Saturday morning - 07.30 - 12.00 20 minutes away.
- Visit one of our famous beaches - Heroldsbay, Victoria bay or Wilderness beach - all just a short drive away.
- Spoil yourself with a day at the Spa - 20 minutes away.
- Take a trip over the Outeniqua pass and visit the Cango caves, crocodile and ostrich farms in Oudshoorn.
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
The town of George has been blessed with mild climate conditions. We are at the foot of the Outeniqua mountains and receive rain all year round causing the lush green flora in the area. Weather can change often and it is always wise to keep something warm with you just in case.
Other Accommodation near Caledon 31:
Accommodation options within 8km from Caledon 31 include:
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
We offer comfortably convenient accommodation that suits all your travel needs. From business trips to romantic break-aways, from activity filled family vacations to private relaxation, our beautiful surroundings combine with sincere hospitality.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
This stylish guest house is situated in a quiet, up-market suburb in the heart of the Garden route with the Outeniqua Mountains as a backdrop. Aziza Guest House is within walking distance from the centre of town with a range of restaurants to chose from.
The historic Victorian style guesthouse is conveniently situated within walking distance to the centre of George and offers luxurious accommodation for the discerning client. Tranquil surroundings and beautiful mountain views provide a relaxed atmosphere.
per person sharing
No 10 Caledon Street Guest House is centrally situated, set in beautiful park-like garden. Within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Close to the George, Fancourt and Kingswood golf courses 9 km from the nearest beach and 10 min drive to airport.
per person sharing
Bedrooms are en-suite, have flat screen televisions, DSTV, queen sized beds with good quality mattresses and white percale linen. Coffee/tea making facilities and bar fridges are available in all the rooms. One of the rooms is with kitchenette.
per person sharing