Bushwise Safaris combines upmarket accommodation with the ultimate Safari experience.
From our Safari Lodge base on the banks of the Crocodile River (overlooking Kruger National Park), we take guests into Kruger in our open safari-vehicle for a personalized safari, not only to seek out the Big Five but to look at all the wonders of this unique eco-system.
Bushwise Safari lodge is owner run, situated in Marloth Park overlooking the Crocodile river and the famous Kruger National Park.
We operate in the South East of Kruger which is well known for its renowned game viewing with frequent sightings of lion and leopards.
The Lodge itself is a double storey building under a thatched roof. All of our 7 bedrooms are air-conditioned with en-suite bathrooms. We remain small in order to give our guests personal attention.
The Upper deck, swimming pool and bar area overlooks Kruger National Park and the Crocodile River where one often sees a variety of wildlife drinking at the waters edge. For bird enthusiasts the opportunities are endless!
Bushwise Safaris takes pride in serving exceptional 3-course traditional African dinners served in a boma around a campfire under the African night sky.
Virtually every night you hear the roar of lions, calls of hyena and the grunting of hippo from Kruger National Park.
List of Bushwise Safari Lodge Facilities and Services:
- Full stocked bar
- Upper deck balcony/terrace/swimming pool - excellent bird watching and game viewing
- English breakfast is served daily
- Dinner is served in an enclosed boma under the stars
- Coffee and tea trays available always
- Wireless internet (surcharge)
- Same day laundry facilities
- Hair dryer on request
Accommodation at Bushwise Safaris:
Each bedroom is furnished with an ethnic/rustic touch inspired from the African bush. All bedrooms are air-conditioned, with a private bathroom and insect screens in front of all the windows and doors.
The two upstairs bedrooms have private balconies overlooking the Kruger Park and the Crocodile river. The downstairs bedrooms have big sliding glass doors with direct access to the bush and the river in front of the lodge, providing a wonderful and scenic bush experience.
Complimentary toiletries, hair dryer on request and coffee/tea facilities available on the upper balcony at all times.
Clothing and Accessories:
Comfortable walking shoes
Health and Climate:
The Anopheles mosquito that causes the disease, has to be a female, has to be pregnant and has to come from someone who has malaria in order to infect you, and we have not had a malaria case in the area that I know of for the last couple of years.They can also only fly in a 5 km radius, so the chance to catch the disease here with us is small. We are staying here permanently and we have never taken any precautionary medicine. However, it is a malaria area and best would be to discuss it with your doctor. We have insect screens in front of all the doors and windows in all the rooms as well, and you can bring insect repellent like Tabbard or Peaceful Sleep to spray on your skin on the areas that are not covered by your clothes for when you are outside. If you want to go to Mozambique during your holiday I suggest you take medicine, as it is a much higher risk area.
- Full and half day safaris into Kruger Park
- Sunset drives into Kruger Park
- Morning walks in Kruger Park with an armed guard
- Tiger fishing excursions
- Elephant interaction/Elephant back safaris
- Horse riding on a game farm
- Quad biking
- Micro light flying
- Visits to the Swazi Cultural village
- Historical Day Tour to Maputo, the capital of Mozambique
- Cultural Day tour to Swaziland
- Day Tour on the Panorama route, including Bourke's Luck Potholes, the Blyde River Canyon and Mac Mac Water Falls
- Bird Walks and Bush orientation Walks
- Nearby golf
- Cancellations 0 to 7 days prior of arrival date forfeit 100% of the total value of the booking.
- Cancellations 8 to 30 days prior forfeit 75% of the total value of the booking.
- Cancellations 31 to 60 days prior forfeit 50% of the deposit or 15% (+ VAT) of the total value of the booking, whichever the greater.
- Cancellations more than 60 days prior forfeit 25% of the deposit or 15% (+ VAT) of the total value of the booking, whichever the greater.
- No refund on early departures.
- On receipt of a written instruction to cancel the reservation, we will refund the applicable amount within 3 working days.
- We levy a 7% administration fee on any refunds processed.
- Should refunds to a SWIFT bank account be required, an additional R185 charge will be levied.
- If the client decides to visit us at a later stage, the penalty fee (excluding the administration fee) regarding his cancellation will be utilized as part of his deposit for the renewed booking.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Hiking / Walking Trails
Bushwise Safaris is a Game Lodge in Marloth Park Mpumalanga South Africa