This very unique Limpopo Bushveld destination, called the Bushmen / San village Safari Lodge & Tented Camp is Safe and Malaria Free.
Situated on the side of a small hill, overlooking Africa in all her glory.It is neighbor to the Bushmen/San people.
The Tented Camp is based and themed around the Culture and ways of The San people while the Safari Lodge represents the ultimate in luxury and comfort.
Share one of your evenings around the open fire in the conversation of these unique people, experiencing life as it was up to 4 000 years ago. A must visit if you want to be at peace with yourself and The Bushmen.
You will wake up in the night, thinking : here I am, were I ought to be.The very private Thatched Tented camp can sleep a total of 16 persons (4 per tent).
The Tented Camp has only 4 Private Thatched Tented Units, each with a private boma as well as a separate, fully equipped kitchen to be shared by all.
Each Unit has an en-suite boma with toilet and separate shower.
The stay in the tented Camp is Self-catering.
You may combine any Private Bush Cottage OR Luxury en-suite Room at our Main Safari Lodge (15min from Camp) with your stay in the self-catering Tented Camp.
The Safari Lodge can sleep a total of 30 persons (up to 3 per room). It consists of 6 luxury en-suite rooms and 4 fully equipped en-suite luxury Bush Cottages, each with 2 Rooms. Full Board only.
Bushmen / San village Safari Lodge & Tented Camp accommodation:
Thatched en-suite Hemmingway-Style Tented Units (4):
Placed under an elevated thatched roof. The 4 Tented Units share a private braai area and boma.
A separate, Fully equipped Kitchen shared by the 4 Tented Units.
Each Tent consists of three sections: Main bedroom area with 1 double OR 2 single beds, a middle section with 2 single beds plus a varendah area with outside view.
One unit is Ideal for a family or group of 4 persons. The camp has only 4 tented units and is private and secure in the bush.
Electricity is limited 220V Solar power, oil lamps and candles. Warm water shower/bath from gas, Fridge/freezer, gas stove in catering area. All bedding, towels and kitchen items included.
Main Lodge Safari Rooms :
Luxury en-suite bedroom with DSTV, fan, air con, mini bar fridge. coffee/tea with rusks, fruit and sweets. En-suite bathroom and toilet. Garden and bush view. Hairdryer and bathroom amenities.
Luxury Thatched Bush Cottages, situated in the huge garden, overlooking the waterhole, Bushveld trees and grass. Very private, yet within walking distance from the Main Safari Lodge.
Each cottage has 1 double bed and, 1 single bed and can sleep up to 3 persons. Meals can be booked at the Main Lodge and served at the Cottage, should you wish to dine in private.
- Game walks
- White Lions
- Bird watching
- Game Viewing
- Cultural Experience
- Bushmen / San People
- Guided walk with Bushmen / San people
1. Take the N1 North towards Pietersburg/Polokwane. At the Kranskop Toll Plaza take the VERY left lane towards Marble Hall / Modimole(Nylstroom). Drive through Nylstroom to Vaalwater.
2. Outside Vaalwater take the Ellisras 88 Km turnoff to the right and drive North to Ellisras / Lephalale.
Drive through Ellisras towards the Botswana border (Stockpoort). 2 Km outside Ellisras, turn right on the R518 towards Marken / Mokopane (Potgietersrus).
3. Drive for about 35 km and turn RIGHT at our Safarilands Game Reserve & Lodges Main Gate. CALL the Lodge to get the number for the electronic Gate to open. Drive for 5km at 40km per hour towards Reception.
From Pietersburg / Polokwane take the Marken/Groblersbrug road when entering Potgietersrus.
4. Turn again towards Marken outside Potgietersrus and head for 110km to Marken. In Marken turn left towards Lephalale (Ellisras) and travel on the R518 for about 35km towards Lephalale.
5. Turn left at our Safarilands Main Gate. Call the Lodge to get the number for the electronic Gate to open. Drive for 5km towards Reception.
Have a safe journey !