Relax in four star comfort at our majestic Cape Edwardian guesthouse, Braeside Guest House, situated in a secluded and peaceful area of the picturesque town of Swellendam.
Experience traditional South African hospitality at very affordable room rates and let us pamper you with our lavish personal service.
Located at the outskirts of the town, Braeside offers breathtaking vistas of the Langeberg Mountains and the unspoiled Marloth Nature Reserve from its huge secluded grounds as no other Swellendam guest house possibly can.
Choose from any of our five full-facility guestrooms decorated in differing traditional styles, all with bathrooms en suite.
We have a refreshing swimming pool and room air conditioning to cool you down in our Summer heat.
Our inclusive breakfast is a truly unforgettable experience, served on the patio balcony, and matched only by the beauty of your view.
The perfect getaway retreat, from which to explore the hiking trails, the historic sights, the Wine Route, the Garden Route and beautiful Bontebok Park - the ideal stopover when touring the Western Cape.
Accommodation at Braeside Guest House:
All our rooms are prepared with loving care, and always with those little personal touches that make all the difference.
Our spacious English rooms are decorated in Victorian style, with extra-firm yet comfortable double beds, and a large corner bath - very popular for honeymoons. And our Dutch rooms feature large twin beds with elegant copper frames, and Colonial decoration with period furnishings.
Our African rooms, decorated in authentic style with large bedrooms and luxurious en suite bathrooms. Available with oversize twin beds, or one queen size double bed.
Complete with bar-fridge, coffee and tea facilities, fans, electrical blankets and heaters.
- Guests are welcome to refresh in our swimming pool,and to enjoy our braai facilities provided for their personal use.
- From Braeside you can experience some of the world's most diverse plant life and unspoiled forests.
- Enjoy the many trails that thread themselves throughout, and provide shelter to many uniquely South African species of animals and bird life for you to watch and photograph.
- We can even arrange specialist guides who can show you the wonders of our unique flora and fauna, either along walking trails, on horseback, mountain bike, or all-terrain motorised transport.
- Add to this the excellent fishing on the Breede River that flows through Swellendam, plus the southern coast of the Cape is the best place in the world to watch whales, or even sharks, close up.
- Take the 'Swellendam West' exit (R60 to Ashton, left), and continue 300m until you reach a 4-way stop sign.
- Turn right into Voortrekstraat (which is the main street of the town) and then continue for approximately 4Km to where the road forks.
- Bear left, following the sign for 'Caravan Park,'' taking you into Van Oudtshoornweg.
- Follow the sign for Braeside Bed & Breakfast (about 300m ahead).
- You will see the house at the 3-way stop at the next left turn (entrance on Tilneystraat).