Bluebell Farm Cottage - Paardenberg Farm has been in our family for five generations and is still a fully functional farm focusing on wildflowers (hence the name Bluebell) which is one of the scarcest flowers on the farm. The farm is a mere two-hour drive from Cape Town, and we decided to share the joy and beauty of living on a farm with you. From starting the day with fresh coffee and beskuit (rusks) to concluding the night with a fire under the old oak tree.
The original farmhouse was built more than 200 years ago and can comfortably sleep 10 people. It is filled with a rich history with some of the books and artifacts dating back to the early 1800s! The house is perfect for you and your family to escape the busy city life. You can relax in a way only the countryside can provide.
There is a lot to do in the area which makes our farm the perfect base for your weekend getaway. There is plenty of space to go for a hike or a bike on the farm. We also recommend packing your favourite book to read on the porch or some board games to play in the spacious living room for some unplugged fun.
Our house has a fully equipped kitchen and a braai inside and outside, making our self-catering accommodation ultra comfortable: all you need is food and some delicious wine to go with that. We even provide you with ice and firewood to get you started!
We look forward to seeing you on our farm!
Facilities and Services:
- Full Kitchen
- Dining Area
- 4 Bedrooms
- Braai under the old oak tree
- Swim in our swimming pool (available between 1 December and 31 March)
- Free parking
- Cleaning can be done on request.
Please note: No Wifi available.
- Bird watching (A bird guide will be available)
- Sprawling open spaces for hiking and mountain biking
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.