* Umzumbe Surf Camp (Local)- SA Surfari offers private surfing lessons to young and old, and lessons are conducted on the gorgeous KwaZulu-Natal coast. The warm waters of the Indian Ocean lap the shoreline and provide a gorgeous, comfortable setting in which to learn to surf. Individual, focused attention by the instructors is the key to ensuring that, no matter what your level of surfing expertise, you will have the opportunity to meet (and maybe even exceed) your expectations and goals.
* Pure Venom Reptile Park (30km)- Touted as the biggest reptile farm in Africa, Pure Venom Reptile Park lies just inland from the town of Shelly Beach. The reptile park, as its name suggests, has an incredible collection of indigenous and exotic reptiles and it’s an ideal way to get up close and personal with a series of snakes, iguanas and crocodiles on the Hibiscus Coast. There are guided tours, daily snake demonstrations and on Sundays the highly fascinating crocodile and alligator feeding, should you enjoy such enormous displays of appetite.
* Aqua Planet Dive Centre (30km)- Situated 7,5km off Shelly Beach on KwaZulu Natal’s South Coast, Protea Banks allows advanced divers the opportunity to experience a shark dive that is completely unique. During the summer months the Bull Shark (Zambezi) makes Protea Banks its home. Hundreds of Hammerheads are often seen overhead and Guitar Sharks, Coppers and Blacktips frequent this reef with a select few getting the privilege of seeing the elusive Tiger Shark.
* Crocworld Conservation Centre (50km)- Come and enjoy an exciting and educational experience, getting up close and personal with Crocworld’s wonderful creatures. Relax in indigenous landscaped gardens and take in the beautiful sea views.
* Lake Eland Game Reserve (70km)- With a variety of facilities and activities to choose from, such as a children’s playground, game drives, horse rides, walking and cycling trails, paint ball, a challenging 4x4 track, and a thrilling walk across the 80m suspension bridge, everyone will have a fun-filled and relaxing day at Lake Eland.
* Wild Waves Water Park (70km)- The Wild Waves Water Park at the Wild Coast Sun in Port Edward has a water ride that will excite all ages, no matter if you’re a tiny tot who is just getting their toes in the water or one of those water babies who has been playing in water for years! This multi-million water park is guaranteed to get your pulse racing.
* The Wild Swing – Oribi Gorge (75km)- Get your adrenaline rushing with the Wild Gorge Swing at Oribi Gorge. From the top of the Lehr’s waterfall you will leap off the edge and dive into the depths of this 165 meter gorge where you will swing from one side to the other. This is the highest swing in the world and is equivalent to launching off a 55 storey building. On your descent you can reach a total speed of 120 kilometers per hour.
* Oribi Gorge (75km)- Oribi Gorge is a canyon just west of Port Shepstone. Oribi Gorge, cut by the Mzimkulwana river, is the eastern gorge of two gorges that cut through the Oribi Flats of KwaZulu-Natal. The western gorge was formed by the Mzimkulu river. The gorge is approximately 400 meters deep and almost 5 kilometers wide at its widest. The Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve is a park located along the bottom of the Oribi Gorge, being approximately 27 kilometers long, and 1 kilometer wide at its widest point. It was proclaimed a protected state forest in 1950.
* Wild 5 Adventures (75km)- If you are looking for a thrilling adventure to get that adrenaline rush then be sure to visit the Wild 5 extreme adventure company at Oribi Gorge.
* Activities to choose from: – Mountain biking – Horse riding – White Water Rafting – Wild Swing – Abseiling - Paintball
* uShaka Marine World (100km)- The world class uShaka Marine World, situated in Durban, South Africa, offers a world of entertainment, excitement, fun and uniqueness. Featuring the largest aquarium in the southern hemisphere, with underground viewing galleries, extending 500 meters through a series of four superbly designed old ship wrecks, the uShaka aquarium is breathtaking. At uShaka Sea World, it really is an adventure, with dolphin shows, seal shows, penguin presentations, shark dives, ray feeds and so much more!
* Golf With the many top quality golf courses on offer the South Coast is fondly known among golfers as the “Golf Coast” with eight golf courses in the vicinity, one of which, San Lameer, is rated among South Africa’s top 30 courses.
* Deep Sea Fishing- The KZN South Coast offers some of South Africa’s best fishing grounds for both bottom and game fishing. Various charter operators offer their services with Hibberdene and Shelly Beach close by.
* Surf and Rock Fishing- KZN South Coast in KwaZulu-Natal abounds in excellent fishing sites which include Umzumbe, Hibberdene and Pumula.
- If cancelling 0 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
Balance of Booking plus Damage/Key Deposit of R1500 to be settled 30 days prior to the arrival date. The house accommodates 10 people with a maximum of 8 adults.
Check-in is anytime from 14h00. (To arrange an earlier check-in, please be sure to contact us to discuss the options and we will accommodate you as far as we can.) Check-out is at 10h00. No smoking inside house. Pets only by prior arrangements.