Bellavista Country Place is located on a 300 ha, private fynbos property with privileged views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Kleinriver Mountains.
Easy walking trails for bird watching, several nearby Golf courses, winetasting, short distance to the wonderful 20 km long Die Plaat sandy beach, whale watching and shark diving and much more is available. Ideal for daily excursions to many interesting places.
Heated overflow swimming pool dropping into a kid`s pool, beautiful park-like, mature gardens. Stunning sunsets all year round.
In this exceptional setting, tranquility, privacy and peace are assured with a choice of stylish and comfortable accommodation. Some units are fully equipped for self-catering, ask for details.
Our fully licensed Panorama Restaurant serves Cosmopolitan Cuisine from which you will enjoy 180 degree views over Walker Bay.
Only 150 km from Cape Town, 32 km from Hermanus, 100 km from the tip of Africa. Managed by the owner. We speak English, Swiss-German, French and Italian.
Come, relax and dream.
There are many activities and things to do in our area. They are as varied as you could wish. Below are some of them for your information:
Walker Bay offers several excellent whale watching spots. The closest is a few minutes drive from Bellavista, from the top of the cliffs at De Kelders. Whale season is between June and December.
Interesting cruises to the Deyer and Geyser islands where you will observe Cape Fur Seals, Penguins, Kormorans, Large Seagulls and a host of other animals. These cruises include viewing and/or diving the Great White Shark from submerged safe metal cages.
Walker Bay, the lagoon and the Kleinriver area are famous for bird watching with nearby town of Stanford declared as " bird watchers paradise of the Overberg". Various nature reserves nearby invite you to explore the local fauna and flora.
Our property of 300 hectares offers private hiking and jogging trails with plenty of bird and animal watching, in the middle of the real "Fynbos Kingdom". Feel free to pick the flowers that you like most as an ever-lasting souvenir from our beautiful area.
On the more leisurely side, our heated over-flow swimming pool, featuring a martini bench with bubbles and massage jets is at your disposal the year round. The pool overflows into a kid's pool.
The comfortable deck chairs around the pool area invite you to read a book, to sip a lovely South African wine or simply to snooze away and relax.
Day trips to Cape L'Agulhas the tip of Africa, Arniston, Hermanus, the coastal winelands, Greyton and other places of interest.
During cruises on the Klein River Lagoon nearby as well as kayaking on the open sea you will enjoy the varying scenery enormously.
A 4x4 trail on a private farm up into the Kleinriver Mountains is available for the adventurous ones. (Own suitable 4x4 required, no renting available yet.)
Fishing in the Lagoon, from the boat in the open sea or from the cliff rocks as well as horse back riding are also exciting activities available in our area.
Hermanus features one of the most famous and beautiful golf courses in the country. Several other beautiful Golf courses are also available in the area. There are interesting Craft markets in Stanford and Hermanus. Nearby Caledon is well known for its hot springs and it's casino of international standards.
We would be glad to organise any of the above activities for you.
* Two spacious LUXURY SEA VIEW SUITES, beautiful, large lounge with fireplace, air conditioning, comfortable furniture. Kitchen corner. Satellite TV. Bedroom with king size bed, en-suite, under carpet heating, electric shutters, large storage/cupboard spaces.
Private entry, personal patio.
* JUNIOR SUITE, large bedroom with king size bed, en-suite, with relax area, TV, coffee/tea facilities. Between the two Sea View Suites. Ideal for children or friends to share the facilities of the Sea View Suite(s).
* SEA VIEW ROOM. Large double room with king size bed, in the main building, facing the swimming pool with views of the sea at large. En-suite bathroom with steam shower. Relax area with tea and coffee facilities, satellite TV, under carpet heating. Adjacent room with two more beds, bathroom to be shared. Private entrance.
* MOUNTAIN COTTAGE, with undisturbed views over vast fynbos fields towards the Kleinriver mountain range. Very cozy and private. Main bedroom with king size bed, en-suite. Small loft for two additional adults or two to four children (depending on age) with separate bathroom. Rondavel lounge with ceramic fireplace, TV. Open plane bar-kitchen-dining area with fully equipped kitchen. Covered patio with BBQ and safe playground for children. Private parking next to Cottage. The ideal accommodation for a family.
* Single-room MOUNTAIN CABIN, more simple but very romantic, for two nature lovers. Two beds, en-suite shower/WC/basin. Fully equipped for self catering; TV. Total privacy. Parking next to the Cottage.
A large heated, overflow swimming pool and a kid's pool are available to all our guests.
- Some accommodation can be rented on a self-catering basis.
- Private and safe parking next/close to each accommodation.
- Separate entrance for each unit.
- Easy walking trails on our private 300 ha property, excellent bird watching, rich fynbos flora.
- Less than 10 Min. driving to the magnificent, 20 km long Die Plaat sandy beach.
- Shark diving/viewing and exceptional Whale watching (seasonal) in nearby De Kelders.
- Many wine farms with wine tasting facilities.
- Several golf courses in the area.
- Horse back riding and many other activities can be organised.
From Cape Town city or airport:
Go to the N2 highway direction Sommerset West. Continue until Exit 90 "Hermanus/Kleinmond".
You are on the R43 now.
Proceed to and through Hermanus. Still on the R43 continue, pass Stanford, towards Gansbaai.
8km after Stanford (on the R43) you will see signboards to Bellavista on your left hand followed by a large, white gate flanked by two flagpoles.
Go through the gate marked BELLAVISTA COUNTRY PLACE and up on the private, tarred driveway.
Voila, here we are :-)
150km from Cape Town; 32km from Hermanus; 8km from Stanford.
From the Garden Route / Swellendam / Riviersonderend (N2):
10km after Riviersonderend turn left into the R326 "Stanford". Drive approx. 60km until you come to a STOP right in front of the entrance to Stanford.
Do not enter Stanford - turn left into the R43 and proceed for 8km. You will see our large, white gate flanked by two flagpoles and marked BELLAVISTA COUNTRY PLACE on your left hand side.
Welcome! Willkommen! Bienvenus! Benvenuti! Gruezi zaeme!