is a Japanese/ African Inspired apartment - centrally located in a serene setting.
This incredible Architect-designed home was built with traditional Japanese Tea House principles. It is built on stilts around an enormous Jacaranda tree to prevent damage to the tree and is on a beautiful fully secure property with 2 other dwellings. It has its own entrance from street, garage and garden and is totally private. All the windows have double glazing.
The house is 144 m2 and is fully secured with electric fencing, beams, sensors, artistically designed security bars on all windows. Enter either through garage or via a beautiful front door. The home is fully furnished in a simple, yet sophisticated style.
Turkish Kelim rugs with under carpet heating enhance the warm grey screed floors. The living areas including Lounge, dining and gorgeous red kitchen, have floor to ceiling windows with Authentic (family heirloom) Japanese Shoji doors that open out to peaceful Japanese style garden featuring a Bamboo fountain. Entertainment area on the sunny wooden deck that has a 6-seater table and braai/BBQ unit.
This home is ideal for someone looking for a tranquil, sophisticated, comfortable and private place to come home to.
Features at Bamboo Cottage:
- Modern Japanese/African inspired stylish design
- Private and separate driveway
- Full security features,electric fencing, stylish burglar bars on key openings, beams and alarm
- Wooden deck entertainment and braai area with outdoor furniture
- Double glazing throughout
- Beautiful Japanese inspired garden, bamboo water feature and Japanese lantern and figurine
- Fully furnished, Dining table, chairs couch, beds, sheets, towels, duvets and duvet covers
- Complete kitchen, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans
- 32 Inch television with DStv
- Microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
- Outside shower
- U-shaped courtyard with doors that open onto the courtyard/garden
- Wood burning Morso stove
- Beautiful views of tree from all main rooms and external garden
- Under carpet heating throughout under kelims, heater and heated towel rail in bathroom
- Beautiful wooden Fans in bedrooms and key areas
- Maintained garden
- Lock up and go
- Super fast uncapped fibre internet connection and wifi
Accommodation at Bamboo Cottage:
There are two bedrooms. One is downstairs with built-in cupboards and a double bed. A full bathroom with toilet, shower, bath, bathroom heater and heated towel rail is also downstairs.
Climb the stairs to a gorgeous second bedroom with two single beds, wooden floors and balcony that looks onto the trees.
Situated in 'The Parks' of Johannesburg the Guest House is in a central yet very peaceful area of Johannesburg and within easy access to the main motorway. Parkview is part of the Greater Rosebank Region and the Guest House is just around the corner from
per person sharing
A 7 bedroom Beautiful old home away from home in the heart of Melville Johannesburg. Central to the best parts of Johannesburg with all the charm and artistic quirkyness that is Melville.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
A guesthouse in a Melville landmark, centrally and conveniently located with Seventh Street's celebrated coffeeshops, restaurants, art galleries, antique and eccentric shops and nightlife only a short walk away.
Lucky Bean Guesthouse offers great warmth and care, and is an ideal stepping stone to Johannesburg. We know and love our city, and are happy to share this with you.
21 Doveton is equipped with the most modern facilities to make your stay comfortable. From the inviting pool to the spacious kitchen you will have everything you need to enjoy your stay.