Balule (Satellite Camp) - Kruger Park
is situated on the southern bank of the Olifants River in central Kruger Park, approximately 11 km south of Olifants Restcamp and 87 km from Phalaborwa Gate.
It has a high, protective fence because of the lushness of the area and animals that sneak into the camp.
Without shops or restaurants, the camp is ideal for persons seeking solitude.
Named 'Balule' after the Tsonga word for the Olifants River, this camp is one of the best places for guests to experience nature first hand. Situated more or less in the centre of the Park, just south of Olifants Camp, Balule lies close to the mighty Olifants River.
With only the most basic of facilities and no electricity, a low fence is the only barrier that separates you from the wilderness, resulting in a true back to basics experience. It is this unique wilderness feel of the camp that makes it a firm favourite with backpackers, the caravanning community and other visitors who want to get away from it all.
Areas of special interest out of camp are:
Baobab Tree on Gravel Road to Letaba Accommodation at Balule (Satellite Camp) - Kruger Park
15 x tent or caravan sites, without power points. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. Maximum of 6 people per site.
6 x rustic 3-bed huts with communal ablution facilities. The huts have no windows - only vents. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen with scullery and gas stoves is available. Limited space is available in a communal freezer.
Check-inBalule Camp is managed from Olifants Camp. Guests are required to report to Orpen, Satara, Olifants or Letaba camps for check-in.
Accommodation at Balule camp is ideal for backpacking, camping and caravanning communities looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.Conservation fees:
A daily conservation is payable at all National Parks. Facilities at Balule (Satellite Camp) - Kruger Park
- There is no electricity in the camp, however, lanterns are provided.
- There is a communal kitchen with scullery and gas stoves, and a communal freezer.
- One ablution block is provided.
- There are no shop, restaurant or ATM facilities available.
- No reception office at camp.Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
In addition to the full cancellation of a reservation, any amendment to an existing reservation, which results in the value of the revised reservation being less than the original value, could result in cancellation fees being levied, according to the following schedule:
- No cancellation fees will be incurred for cancellations or changes 46 days or more prior to arrival;
- Cancellations fees of 50% of the total reservation is payable for cancellations and changes received between 45 and 30 days prior to arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 29 days of arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for non-arrivals (no-shows).
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Modification and cancellation charges may be levied on any other reservations amended or cancelled online, irrespective of the channel through which the reservations were originally made, and subject to the terms and conditions.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.